+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - In Saudi Arabia vs India ?

zubairishaque

Feb 9, 2013
Hi.... I am working in Saudi Arabia? Can any one help me plz...

"Is taking IELTS test in Saudi Arabia will be advantage in getting high score or as same when I take in India? " Which option will be better.

Is IELTS region specific? i.e., I came to know that in Saudi Arabia it will be easy to write.

Any one have experience...

Thanks

Ganman

Jan 16, 2013
@zubairishaque

The IELTS is not region specific. The same test is administered all over the world. The IELTS org also clearly mentions that their evaluators apply a common set of standards. So, it is unlikely that you will have any real advantage in taking the test in one country as compared to another. However, this is just my personal opinion. If you're interested, check out this IELTS org link containing an analysis of 2011 scores. Specifically, you may want to check out the analysis by country of origin and compare the two countries you asked about. May give you an indication of what you are looking for.

http://www.ielts.org/researchers/analysis_of_test_data/percentile_ranks_2011.aspx

Cheers,
Ganman

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the tests in both countries will be similiar so you can decide where is the most convienent for you to take the test and take it there

denver12

Jan 17, 2013
Bahrain
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If fees matters, then there is a difference ;D

In India it is INR 8900.00, whereas i write in Bahrain the fees is BHD 85 (INR 12,200.00)..But u also need to consider the cost of travelling and exp incurred in India too.

Cheers,