+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS in India delayed due to lockdown

Sneha1012

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi All,

My test is on june 20th, but till now there is no update from them. Moreover June 13th test has been cancelled.
Does anyone have an idea about this?

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi All,

My test is on june 20th, but till now there is no update from them. Moreover June 13th test has been cancelled.
All IELTS testing in India stand cancelled until further notice, please check the British council India website

aleemkhan09

Feb 2, 2017
my exam is also scheduled on June 20..I've been trying to reach out to the British council India, but they are not responding. I guess we must wait till the day before June 20 to get to know about the further information..however, its really difficult to wait till then.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
my exam is also scheduled on June 20..I've been trying to reach out to the British council India, but they are not responding. I guess we must wait till the day before June 20 to get to know about the further information..however, its really difficult to wait till then.
I doubt it will happen, but if it does, please update us on this forum.

Can you please share which location you are appearing for the test from?

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

In India, IELTS is not expected to return until at least September due to COVID situation.

Also, IELTS speaking requires a face-to-face examiner, so the health and safety of them is first priority, there's no way they will risk this until COVID has started to die down.

Maybe worth a try to travel to other countries to take the test, especially computer based IELTS.