+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS @ IDP - Speaking Test Query

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have registered @IDP for my IELTS exam which is scheduled on 7th Feb 2015. So the listening/reading/writing test would be conducted on 7th Feb.
And Speaking test could be within 7 days before or after the main exam date.

But my concern is that due to some personal reasons, I will be available in town only till 10th Feb. So I would like to know what is the probability of the Speaking test to be scheduled on or before 10th Feb in my case.

Guys who have experienced with IDP for IELTS exam, please provide your inputs. Thanks

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
sush80 said:
Hello All,

I have registered @ IDP for my IELTS exam which is scheduled on 7th Feb 2015. So the listening/reading/writing test would be conducted on 7th Feb.

But my concern is that due to some personal reasons, I will be available in town only till 10th Feb. So I would like to know what is the probability of the Speaking test to be scheduled on or before 10th Feb in my case.

Guys who have experienced with IDP for IELTS exam, please provide your inputs. Thanks
We this is purely random and you'll get to know your speaking test date only 1 week in advance. Around Feb 1st.

I suggest you to wait until you get the date..But it will be max 1 week after your general test

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: IELTS @ IDP - Speaking Test Query

sumit.singh.hallan said:
We this is purely random and you'll get to know your speaking test date only 1 week in advance. Around Feb 1st.

I suggest you to wait until you get the date..But it will be max 1 week after your general test
I would like to know the recent trend for Speaking date, say in the last 1 or 2 months, to know or to get rough idea of the probable days difference between main test and speaking dates. Please share your thoughts.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon

sush80 said:
I would like to know the recent trend for Speaking date, say in the last 1 or 2 months, to know or to get rough idea of the probable days difference between main test and speaking dates. Please share your thoughts.
Well, my general exam was on 13-DEc-2014 and speaking was on 20th

avk_raj

Jan 5, 2015

They can be on consecutive days as well, let say if you take W/L/R on 7th then it can be on 6th or 9th also as it happened to me.

invizigot

Jan 21, 2015

sush80 said:
Hello All,

I have registered @ IDP for my IELTS exam which is scheduled on 7th Feb 2015. So the listening/reading/writing test would be conducted on 7th Feb.

When I took the test I realized that the people who are out of town were scheduled to do the speaking part on the same day with few hours apart. So mine was the L/R/W part in the morning and the S part was in the afternoon. Hope this helps.

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

invizigot said:
When I took the test I realized that the people who are out of town were scheduled to do the speaking part on the same day with few hours apart. So mine was the L/R/W part in the morning and the S part was in the afternoon. Hope this helps.
Thank you all for your inputs

jisanmahfuz

Jul 20, 2017
I want to write IELTS on 12th but it says speaking will be on a different day, is it possible to give it on the same day as i will be flying out from a different city?

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
I want to write IELTS on 12th but it says speaking will be on a different day, is it possible to give it on the same day as i will be flying out from a different city?
No...you do not have the discretion to chose the date of your test...it is upto the body conducting the test. and moreover out of the four modules of IELTS speaking is always on a different date.

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
hi, you can try to contact the place you are doing your test and ask them. This happened to me in march, i flew up to canada just for a weekend to do the IELTS and days before my test they sent an email saying i will have my speaking day on a day after i left. I called immediately and explained my situation and they were able to fit me in into another centre. Mind you, this was at Humber College and they are two locations for Humber College. Maybe that was why i was allowed to go to the other location. I am not sure if there were only one, if my request would have been denied but it never hurts to find out.