Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi everyone,

I have a question from you all... what do you suggest to choose a center for your IELTS? IDP or BC specifically in Dubai ??

I have given 3 tests already with BC and am stuck with writing 6.5. Changing it to IDP will make any difference?

Thanks

Sep 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question from you all... what do you suggest to choose a center for your IELTS? IDP or BC specifically in Dubai ??

I have given 3 tests already with BC and am stuck with writing 6.5. Changing it to IDP will make any difference?

Thanks
i have also stuck on same... and i will be appearing in IDP next month.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
It doesn't matter which one do you choose.I suggest you work on your writing skills, put more time and effort on that instead of just assuming that one center is better than the other just beacuse someone have got a better mark there or someone else floated a rumor that one center is better than the other.

That's my two cents!

Reactions: tahir.faryal

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
It doesn't matter which one do you choose.I suggest you work on your writing skills, put more time and effort on that instead of just assuming that one center is better than the other just beacuse someone have got a better mark there or someone else floated a rumor that one center is better than the other.

That's my two cents!
Thanks for your feedback.

I already scored 7.5 in Academic Writing 2years ago. That is why I am surprised why the same center will give me 6.5 in General Writing three times in a row.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thanks for your feedback.

I already scored 7.5 in Academic Writing 2years ago. That is why I am surprised why the same center will give me 6.5 in General Writing three times in a row.
It's not about the center man , all the examiners are brought in by BC or IDP and they are all contracted to do the job. Now, you might have had better skills back then, was lucky or even had an examiner who wasn't too harsh on you. Either case, don't assume you will always get that mark again.

Plus, some people (me not included) think that IELTS are scamming people marks simply to get them to re-do more sittings just beacuse they know they all want 7 to immigrate to Canada. I personally think this is not true but again many others think the same. Shouldn't really bother yourself with that

Reactions: tahir.faryal

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
It's not about the center man , all the examiners are brought in by BC or IDP and they are all contracted to do the job. Now, you might have had better skills back then, was lucky or even had an examiner who wasn't too harsh on you. Either case, don't assume you will always get that mark again.

Plus, some people (me not included) think that IELTS are scamming people marks simply to get them to re-do more sittings just beacuse they know they all want 7 to immigrate to Canada. I personally think this is not true but again many others think the same. Shouldn't really bother yourself with that
Alright! thank you for your feedback.