+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS HELP / ASSISTANCE FORUM

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hello folks,

I had given my IELTS test a few months back. I found this community to be helpful with members looking out for each other. Either way I wanted to help out in any way I can to new members in their EE process.
Feel free to post questions here and I will answer to the best of my ability.

vishalchan

Jul 28, 2018
Hello folks,

I had given my IELTS test a few months back. I found this community to be helpful with members looking out for each other. Either way I wanted to help out in any way I can to new members in their EE process.
Hi,
Thanks for offering to help. I am really confused. I have my test next month and am trying to figure out what are the best resources (books/videos etc) to use. I am not sure what is being discussed in this forum? Where are the questions to which the answers are being discussed?
thanks,
V

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hello folks,

Hi, I'm planning to take up the test in Sept but I'm confused between IDP or BC. R & L is fine but when it comes to Writing & Speaking it totally depends on the examiner. Some say BC examiners are quite lenient in marks. Is it true ?

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for offering to help. I am really confused. I have my test next month and am trying to figure out what are the best resources (books/videos etc) to use. I am not sure what is being discussed in this forum? Where are the questions to which the answers are being discussed?
thanks,
V

There is a website called IETLS essentials (just Google it). There you will have plenty of online tests you can take. This will give you a good idea of where you stand. Take all 4 modules. This will be of immense benefit to you. Moreover check out IELTS tests on YouTube. The channel name is The IELTS Listening/Reading Test. This channel posts actual questions from recent IELTS tests.

The answer to your question truly depends on how comfortable you are with the English language. Try to read general articles from magazines / good journals and try to summarize the article in your head. This will help you browse through quickly with the reading section.

Last edited:

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hi, I'm planning to take up the test in Sept but I'm confused between IDP or BC. R & L is fine but when it comes to Writing & Speaking it totally depends on the examiner. Some say BC examiners are quite lenient in marks. Is it true ?
What is IDP or BC ??

You are right - Writing and Speaking is totally dependent on the exam center you choose. For example I know folks who are truly horrible but they took their exams at the Chennai center and scored pretty good. I took mine at the Florida location and scored 7.5 in writing, 8.5 in speaking.

I sincerely believe I would have scored 9/9 in Writing and Speaking had I taken up this exam at any center in India. Not being complacent but rather matter of fact, considering I am a top writer in Quora and I was very happy with my essay & letter.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
It doesn't really matter which examination board you go with. It is truly your luck; it depends on the examiner but more importantly question prompts you get. I had given in both and managed to score well in speaking but in both I got stuck with 6.5. It is not so much about the board nor the test center.