+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GT in US

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hello,
I am planning to take the Ielts test in the US for the second attempt. Does anyone know if they provide headset for the listening part? The last time I took (2015), they didn't.
Best

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,
I am planning to take the Ielts test in the US for the second attempt. Does anyone know if they provide headset for the listening part? The last time I took (2015), they didn't.
Best
Would be best to check with the test center I think. The one I gave a couple of weeks ago did not have headsets.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Would be best to check with the test center I think. The one I gave a couple of weeks ago did not have headsets.
Thanks for your response. Did you do good in the listening part without the headset?
I am worried because I have been practicing with earplugs at home.

hs3

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for your response. Did you do good in the listening part without the headset?
I am worried because I have been practicing with earplugs at home.
I am yet to get the results back but honestly did not feel much difference. I was practicing with headsets at home as well. But again it could be a personal thing. I would say ask the centers through a phone call if they use headsets or not. That way you won't have to worry about it.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
I am yet to get the results back but honestly did not feel much difference. I was practicing with headsets at home as well. But again it could be a personal thing. I would say ask the centers through a phone call if they use headsets or not. That way you won't have to worry about it.
I will definitely give them a call. I feel like listening thru a headphone would be easier.

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I do not think they provide headsets in U.S. Again, it could completely depend on the test center. Check with them.

Having said that, I think it does not matter. You can always request the examiner to adjust the volume to your needs