+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts gt answers 29 sept

Ina21

Sep 29, 2018
I had a completly different test . If any of you guys remembers the answers for the other listening test please post them . Thank u:)

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
I feel the listening part was bit difficult today compared to the other two .. Because of few confusing options ...

wish to hear others opinion on this ... !!
Section 3 was definitely difficult because they had like 7 long options. Each time we listen about one website, we need to read all seven options, make a decision BEFORE they quickly move on to the next website. Phew.

nands

Jul 25, 2018
In Reading,

What was the answer for "entering the site is free - but you need to get the £5 subscription to contact people"?
ans that i wrote : Only cost that applies ... Blah blah
Also what is the heading for "maximum number of people on the website"?
and for this i wrote : Option E

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
ans that i wrote : Only cost that applies ... Blah blah
and for this i wrote : Option E
I mean the True/False/NG thing for the first one... I wrote NG because they didn't say that subscription is the only cost, or that subscription doesn't include other things apart from being able to contact people.

For the heading, I wrote B since it mentioned 8 million people. Can I ask why you wrote E?

I think I'm wrong about both of these :(

Last edited:

nands

Jul 25, 2018
I mean the True/False/NG thing for the first one... I wrote NG because they didn't say that subscription is the only cost, or that subscription doesn't include other things apart from being able to contact people.
It was mentioned that the site is for free and they will charge 5 euros if they wish to communicate with others .. So i thought it’s mentioned indirectly

For the heading, I wrote B since it mentioned 8 million people. Can I ask why you wrote E?
To address this , in option B it was just the thought or estimate is what i thought while i write the answer ... and am confused now ☹

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
It was mentioned that the site is for free and they will charge 5 euros if they wish to communicate with others .. So i thought it’s mentioned indirectly
Yeah, I wasn't sure how "strict" to be with evaluating if something is Not Given.

To address this , in option B it was just the thought or estimate is what i thought while i write the answer ... and am confused now ☹
You're probably right, don't worry! I don't think that 8 million thing is the answer.

Krunalu7

Sep 29, 2018
I will post the answers as I recollect from section 4

1. Jamieson
2 11th July
3 waiter
4 sing
5 children
6 drive
7 transport
8 meal
9 Thursday
10 photo
11 family and children B
12 280 C
13 people causing trouble B
14 find people for help C
15 order one week before A
16 thick trousers C
17 mobile phone B
18 torch light C
19 energy drinks B
20 rucksacks A
21 national geographic - useful visuals
22 United Nations - no free access
23 some energy company - limited data
24 British petroleum - more data than they need
25 CIA - upto date
27 limit the area - B
28 two groups of countries D
29 collect basic data B
30 create a draft writing E
31social
32Plans
33success
35materials
38emotional
39environment
40analysis
For 34 was the answer Significance
I remember it was something related to design style

Jul 28, 2018
Mostly the same for me.

23. I picked the "missing information" option. Is this the same?
24. I picked the "too detailed" option. Same?
26. World Bank - has historical data
29. I remember selecting D. for preprocessing raw data. Don't remember the "basic data" option.
Yup the first three are good.... but for 29 it optio given was to process the collected data - which is incorrect

SwethaBR

Sep 29, 2018
Anyone remember answers for reading? I had given exam on sept 9 last year... 1st two paragraphs were from that test.