+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts Gt 29th September north america answers

Asinerate

Sep 9, 2018
Hi, may I know which center did you go in Toronto? I took at Wales college and the audio was terrible.
I took mine in Centennial College Progress Campus. I have taken 2 tests prior to this, they are Centennial College Ashtonbee campus and Global village Toronto DT. I think audio was pretty good in all these 3 locations.

napat

Aug 22, 2018
Hey guys, I have the below query related to IELTS exam.

In CRS profile what to put in form no/certificate no in result for IELTS exam?

Ling82

Oct 12, 2018
You are all ELITES here!Can anyone tell me why I always got 5.5 on reading!I’m so frustrated,I answered every question though.Thank you

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
Excellent score !! Congrats!! Would you mind sharing the topic sentences you have used for writing? I totally messed up Olympic writing.. got 6.5 :(
Thank you! I dont exactly remember what the topic sentence I wrote was, but in the first paragraph I went straight to the point and mentioned the points I will be explaining that makes me believe that the games are relevant, and also additional criticism that needs to be addressed to make the games even better for the future. I wrote 4 pages of the second essay, and 2 pages for the first. So, I dont think I got extra points for making it long. I would recommend looking at tips and tricks videos on youtube, from good sources, to increase points on writing. I honestly did not practice writing before the test, and went in with understanding what IELTS was looking for in terms of grading, and what I could do to show them that I knew what to do.

Sorry that your score was not what you hoped for. But, if you are doing it again then goodluck on it!

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you! I dont exactly remember what the topic sentence I wrote was, but in the first paragraph I went straight to the point and mentioned the points I will be explaining that makes me believe that the games are relevant, and also additional criticism that needs to be addressed to make the games even better for the future. I wrote 4 pages of the second essay, and 2 pages for the first. So, I dont think I got extra points for making it long. I would recommend looking at tips and tricks videos on youtube, from good sources, to increase points on writing. I honestly did not practice writing before the test, and went in with understanding what IELTS was looking for in terms of grading, and what I could do to show them that I knew what to do.

Sorry that your score was not what you hoped for. But, if you are doing it again then goodluck on it!
Thank you very much for the details and tips. Yes, I am planning to do it again, let's see whats in there for me..thank you again..

nepoli

Sep 30, 2018
this is such a good score!
Congratulations

Please give some tips for improving
Thank you! This was my first time giving the test, and I was not planning on giving it again no matter what the score. So I think, first of all if you go in with the mindset that this is it, and if I dont do well on this then there is no other option that is what motivated me to focus during the test. I think a lot of test takers here have the option to take the exam multiple times, that might be helpful for them, but if I had gone with that mindset I might not have done so well. I will try to give some tips on what I did, but please remember that just because this worked for me, does not mean the same methods will work for you or other people, so please take what I say with a grain of salt.

Speaking - I took this the day before the actual test. I am studying in a US university so I have to speak English all the time, so I guess that was my practice. But, I also looked at 9 band videos on youtube. The speaking format is always the same, so make sure you know that and how and what lengths of answer to give. I was very nervous, and I spoke very fast and often times the person had to stop me to ask another question. So i guess, if you talk fast and a lot that is not an issue, just make sure you are legible. Also, the main question I was asked was about a law in my country that I liked. I did a terrible job answering that, I think. But, even when I did not right away know the answer I said something like , oh i have to think about that, or give me a second, and just talked when I was thinking. At one point, I could not remember a word, but I made a joke about not remembering the word even though it was from my field and the person laughed so I guess that was good. But getting out of the test I think I had done poorly because I spoke a lot and really fast, and did not give "good" answers, so I was surprised with the score. Even though I thought I did bad, i did not let it get to me because my test was next day. Drank some beer and went to sleep early. lol

Listening - I practiced listening the most mostly to familiarize with the test format. This goes for every section that you must know what the sections and types of questions are. I really like this website http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-listening-25-essential-top-tips/ I probably went through all of her free test tips and question format and it was really helpful. I did youtube videos that said were hard or super hard and I constantly had a score between 36 and 38. My test center did not have headphones so make sure you practice both with headphones and without. Also know that there will be a lot of people in the room giving the test, so make sure you dont get distracted. I never took the full IELTS practice test because I honestly did not have the patience, so I just practiced in sections. make sure you practice all of the ielts listening type questions.

Reading - For this as well I practiced in section. There are a lot of free ielts test you can find on the internet, so make sure you practice. At first I practiced with speed reading and tried to finish as soon as possible, so during practice I finished the test within 20 minutes or less. It was not always the best score, but it helped me in figuring out what I need to be paying attention to and if reading the question before reading the passage is helpful; it depends. Again, the IELTSLIZ website has good tips and tricks and I also looked at youtube videos with Emma and Jay. they are also good. Figure out the type of reading questions. The one that i had issues with was T,F and NG. I practiced that more than others, and tried to understand what exactly those three things mean. Similarly you should know all the types of questions and figure out what type of questions you have issues with. Make sure you/underline and highlight main points. Also, all the answers for fill in the blanks will be in the passage itself so make sure you know your synonyms and can pin point that. Also, be weary of time, and even if you finish early go over your answers over and over again untl you have eliminated all possibilities and are 100% sure you have the right answer.

Writing - This one I did not practice beforehand and just looked at tips and tricks on youtube ,probably also why I had the least points. You do not have to write a lot for this. I wrote 4 pages for the long answer and 2 pages for the short. The main tips is to practice beforehand and know what information you need to convey in order to get more points. You have to use different and sometimes big words; different sentence structure; use colons and semi colons, of course the right way, and make sure your points makes sense. Writing can actually be easy, if you follow the instructions.

All in all. Make sure you know all the questions and the format before you take the test, so you dont get caught off guard. Make sure you know what your weakness is and practice that a lot. And, give the exam with the confidence that you will do good. Goodluck!

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
I took mine in Centennial College Progress Campus. I have taken 2 tests prior to this, they are Centennial College Ashtonbee campus and Global village Toronto DT. I think audio was pretty good in all these 3 locations.
Thank you, I will also try the same next time.

cak199164

Oct 11, 2018
You are all ELITES here!Can anyone tell me why I always got 5.5 on reading!I’m so frustrated,I answered every question though.Thank you
I assume you are aiming for a 7 so you only need 34/35 out of 40. If I can only give one suggestion it would be to find out the paraphrased key words of the original text for each question. That should improve your score significantly.

Reactions: Ling82

freewer88

Aug 2, 2018
Excellent score !! Congrats!! Would you mind sharing the topic sentences you have used for writing? I totally messed up Olympic writing.. got 6.5 :(
Hello, vmsanthosh.chn, I got an 8 in writing and I still remember my structure:

1. Simple introduction of the topic, and I strongly disagree with such view.
2. Admittedly, many international events are available to people ... and then expand the paragraph by explaining what those emerged and interesting events are and how great they are.
3. However, the Olympic Games are never going to be outdated.. and then expand the paragraph by giving three main reasons:
a. Olympic spirit is important for all walks of life. It encourages people for greater achievement.
b. Olympic Games promote diversity and cultural exchange, enhancing mutual understanding
c. Olympic Games boost the economy of the hosting countries, bring lots of visitors.
4. In conclusion, the Olympic Games still play an important role....

I estimated my word count to be only slightly over 250.

Last edited:

rheng

May 2, 2017
Finally achieved what I need! L9 R7 W7 S7 I did not do my reading well this time, but finally got what I needed for! Hope everyone will get the dream score!!!!

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Hello, vmsanthosh.chn, I got an 8 in writing and I still remember my structure:

1. Simple introduction of the topic, and I strongly disagree with such view.
2. Admittedly, many international events are available to people ... and then expand the paragraph by explaining what those emerged and interesting events are and how great they are.
3. However, the Olympic Games are never going to be outdated.. and then expand the paragraph by giving three main reasons:
a. Olympic spirit is important for all walks of life. It encourages people for greater achievement.
b. Olympic Games promote diversity and cultural exchange, enhancing mutual understanding
c. Olympic Games boost the economy of the hosting countries, bring lots of visitors.
4. In conclusion, the Olympic Games still play an important role....

I estimated my word count to be only slightly over 250.
Thank you Freewer88. That makes perfect sense and gives me an idea now. Thank you....