+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General training GT Chennai 13th Oct

Shrini188

Oct 15, 2018
How many of you have given your speaking test ? Could you share some questions asked in the exam ?
Part 1

questions about cooking

Part 2

What was the latest comedy movie you watched?

Part 3

Questions about humour associated with life,marriage and children

Shalu27ashi

Aug 23, 2017
Is this the right answer for Question Number 17 & 20 ? Forum is divided on this. Please share your inputs.
I have answered as mentioned but many others r debating with their answers no one is clear with the right answer... we just have to wait see the band score..

Shalu27ashi

Aug 23, 2017
This has happened to me in the Letter

In the letter relating to improvements to the apartment, in the first bullet point, the question was asking why I was happy living in the flat... I misread as "not happy" and this will ruin my task achievement criterion. may be 5, 4 or even 3. :(

Let's wait and see how it may turn out to be!!!!
You have made a blunder in letter Which gets scored in over all 30% wherein I hav done in major part of that passage writing and am just hating myself because of such silly blunder which I hav made.. I don’t understand how I could miss out dos words ‘having children’

SRege

Oct 30, 2017
How many of you have given your speaking test ? Could you share some questions asked in the exam ?
Part 1
Questions on recent holiday you went. Do you use maps frequently, do you pepref traditional maps or the current ones.

Part 2
Street Marketing
Why did you prefer. What you bought recently. How was your experience

Part 3
Do you prefer streetmarketing or shopping in malls and related to that

fayaz5555

Feb 1, 2018
Hello guys ,
I would like to ask you about the conversation question in the listening part? Do anyone clearly remember it ?
Some kind of research .

ashki008

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Qatar
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dont worry.. teacher at british council has clearly said task 2 is 70 % and task 1 is 30%.. 70 30 ratio.. task achievement is jus one criteria.. u have other three criteria to be marked.. so youll get through
THIS COMMENT MADE ME REALLY RELIEVED -

25% of 30% isn't a big issue. I hope for a 7 because this is my 7th attempt due to repetition of the test just because of Writing

The Rest, I got S8, R7.5, L8.5 - Fluctuated over the course of last 6 attempts but maintained them above minimum.

Fingers crossed o_o

Shrini188

Oct 15, 2018
THIS COMMENT MADE ME REALLY RELIEVED -

25% of 30% isn't a big issue. I hope for a 7 because this is my 7th attempt due to repetition of the test just because of Writing

The Rest, I got S8, R7.5, L8.5 - Fluctuated over the course of last 6 attempts but maintained them above minimum.

Fingers crossed o_o
Ok by any chance if ur marks go down this time... i recommend you to go for training in british council.. it will help u big time..

but i hope u clear it..

radio44u

Oct 18, 2018
Part 1

questions about hometown, cooking, sunglasses

Part 2
Talk about a thing you complained about
something ( but finally got a good result)
a. What did you complain about
b. Who you complained to
c. When it happened
d. What was the result and why you were satisfied with the result

Part3
General discussion regarding complaints

radio44u

Oct 18, 2018
Here is the common topic for speaking

1. Describe an occasion when you were scared
2. Describe a good law in your country
3. Describe a time when you had some medicine
4. Describe something you made yourself for your friend
5. Talk about something you like to do in your leisure time
6. Talk about a skill that takes long time to learn
7. Talk about the happiest situation in your life
8. Talk about a beautiful city
9. Describe a family business
10. Describe a time when you searched/looked for information from the internet
11. Describe when someone gave you something you really wanted
12. Talk about an equipment that was broken and you got repaired (or which had a problem)
13. Describe about a faraway place that you would like to visit
14. Talk about a recent activity that made you happy (something that happened recently that made you happy)
15. Talk about a foreign language you want to learn (other than english)
16.An important decision you made with help of someone
17. Talk about a time when you received money as a gift
18. Talk about a thing you complained about something ( but finally got a good result)
19. Talk about a place where you like to study (indoors/outdoors) or where it is easy for you to study
20. Talk about your favorite place for shopping
21. Describe a teenager you know
22.Interesting part of your country or A place that is interesting in your country 53 23. Talk about an interesting talk or a lecture 55 24. Talk about something that you borrowed from your friend 57 25.Talk about a game or sport you enjoyed when you were young 59 26. Describe a person whom you have never met but heard a lot about him and would like to meet 61 27.Describe an important tree (plant) in your country 63 28. Describe an activity you enjoy doing when you are alone 65 29. Describe a person you know who is working on protecting the environment 67 30. Talk about a TV Program that made you laugh a lot 69 31.Describe a plant grown in your country that you think is important 71 32. A comic actor who is popular in your country 72 33. A talkative person 75 34. Talk about a math skill that you learned in your primary / elementary school. 77 35. An animal you like the most (Strange/ seen for the first time)- 79 36.A competition you would like to take part in 82 37. Talk about something you would like to get replaced 84 38. Design of a building you visited and liked / Talk about a building 86 39. First Mobile Phone

can_2019

Oct 19, 2018
30 linguistic differnt from others - last para of first page where mantii was there .

31 y daniel known workd wide - para where scientist say that daniel express things that others cannot that make him exciting .

32 description of problem solving - where he written multiplication result in image .

33 true (left or right hemisphere)
34 false
35 not given (people encourage)
36 imaginary ....
37 Autism research centre (ARC)
38 left hemisphere
39 cube roots
40 Manti (two dots above A as in text every manti word has those so i put them)
I doubt 33 is true as the question was if left hemisphere is the cause of mathematical abilities ? Its either false or NG but surely not true. Any views ?
For matching para... wats answer for the question tat said - study has already been done on Daniel ..... ?

can_2019

Oct 19, 2018
Anyone knows description of correct options for answers of Listening 23 and 24 ? For 25 it was ( Aim/method/conclusion) Answer was Aim as Daniel only agreed for conclusion not both.

Rajit

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I doubt 33 is true as the question was if left hemisphere is the cause of mathematical abilities ? Its either false or NG but surely not true. Any views ?
For matching para... wats answer for the question tat said - study has already been done on Daniel ..... ?
Q. 33 was about changes in brain lead to mathematical abilities, This is what i can recall and It is certainly True going by the article published here - https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2005/feb/12/weekend7.weekend2

For the Q. "Study already been carried out"..That ARC paragraph was definitely not the answer. So I marked as C where Professor Allan Snyder, from the Centre for the Mind at the Australian National University in Canberra, explains why Tammet is of particular, and international, scientific interest.

Aloysius7493

Oct 19, 2018
1. Light
2. Manager
3. Automatic
4. Tyres
5. 8
6. Station
7. Thursday
8. Gerld
9. supermarket
10. Identification
11. B (business people)
12. A (sitting)
13. C
14. A
15. B
16. C
17. Hospital- Cooking course
18. Local Government- greenhouse
19. University- Advice on soil
20. Supermarket- eat & keep fit course
21. C
22. A
23. B
24. A
25. C
26. B
27. B (strong bones)
28. E (Improved eyesight)
29. C (regular sleeping pattern)
30. D (improved balance)
31. Marketing
32. Behaviour
33. Exercise
34. Airline
35. Pilots
36. Feedback
37. Piano
38. Hand
39. Fun
40. Privacy
Thank you for sharing all the answers. Just to be sure, aren't answers for questions 17 to 20 also in alphabetical format. (The answers to them seem correct)