+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General/Academic 10th February 2018 Answer Key

Nagendra Kumar

Oct 30, 2017
Where can I find the toughest practice tests for listening section? . I have already completed ielts 9-12 books. I could score only 7 in previous attempt. Any suggestions please?

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Yeah, I agree direct ita is better. But apart from additional cost, what are the drawbacks of PNP?
No drawbacks actually... just that u have to stay atleast 2 years in the same province if I am right its 2 or 2.5 years not sure...
I know people who gave 6 attempts and some are trying since 2015 and one member of this forum had taken ielts 8 times...
So dont think too much to go for second attempt
For me i got 8777 in third attempt

The point is how long are u planning to wait... i mean we dont know when crs score will come down..it might take months to get that low.. or on the other side it might get more higher...
So r u willing to wait that long...

I think the best option is to retake ielts and yes u can always update your profile and use the best score...

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
In case of express entry, I feel its better to get advice from this forum than any visa consultant. Only thing is that you need to spend a lot of time checking out all the threads in the forum.

If you still wish to go with consultant, it's perfectly fine but doing your background work will keep you informed much more than before. All the best :)
Join fb page ask kubeir it will help u alot

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Thanks for your response. One more question, I did my masters in UK. Do I need to get criminal record from UK ?
U need criminal record certificate from any place u have spent 6 months or more... for instance u have spent 2 months at one place and then other time u spent 4 more months at the same place like this your overall period will b 6 months so u will need police clearance... it means 6 months doesnt have to be together even if u spent in parts and its 6 months or more in total u will need police clearance... having said that , for masters definitely u spent 2 years or more u will surely need criminal record certificate. As i did my studies from china i am also preparing for criminal record.

Swap16

Feb 12, 2018
Thanks for your response. One more question, I did my masters in UK. Do I need to get criminal record from UK ?
Yes you need to get a police clearance certificate from UK police. As you have done your masters from UK I assume you have stayed there for more than 6 months. Its simple process you can even get the certificate as early as in 2-3 days if I am not wrong, you can get the details here https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Reactions: Javid872

veemal

Jan 25, 2018
Hi. I got L8.5, R8, W6.5, S7.5. Do you think it might be a good idea to give it for revaluation - what are the chances of an increase of 0.5 in writing.
My overall score is 400 and if I get .5 in writing I will hit 458 points.

This was my second attempt and I scored the same in writing.

I know PNP is not an easy one but can it be done without an agent?? and is the score enough for PNP?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi. I got L8.5, R8, W6.5, S7.5. Do you think it might be a good idea to give it for revaluation - what are the chances of an increase of 0.5 in writing.
My overall score is 400 and if I get .5 in writing I will hit 458 points.

This was my second attempt and I scored the same in writing.

I know PNP is not an easy one but can it be done without an agent?? and is the score enough for PNP?
Give it for re-evaluation asap. As far as I know OINP cut off is also around 430+ so clearly still you need a higher CRS, I think it's best to get it remarked or try again.
I am in the same boat, i have CRS of 401 (L7 R7 W7 S7) and have booked myself again for a re-take on 23rd March, 2018.

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I had taken through IDP in US on Feb 10th. I haven't received the TRF yet but would like to apply for EOR. The test center is far from my home and they are neither responding to emails nor phone. Can anyone please share information on how to apply for EOR

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Give it for re-evaluation asap. As far as I know OINP cut off is also around 430+ so clearly still you need a higher CRS, I think it's best to get it remarked or try again.
I am in the same boat, i have CRS of 401 (L7 R7 W7 S7) and have booked myself again for a re-take on 23rd March, 2018.
Is this cut off for all NOCs ?

oxiz3n

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
I gave the test on 20 Jan 2018.

Do I still have time to lodge an EOR provided that we must apply within 6 weeks from the test date?

Yesterday was 3rd of March. I guess yesterday was the deadline. Would I be able to apply today, 4th March, guys?

6 weeks from 20 jan leads up to - 3 or 4 March?