+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GENERAL 24TH MARCH- LET'S COMPARE ANSWERS HERE!

Kulroop

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
The speaker mentioned that we are the starting point, and if you take the corridor to the left, you will see the first place. That was moving from the central point to the left, you get E. Point A was beside the seminar room.
The speaker then said that we return to the starting point and that the third point is on the left. That means the place immediately to the left of the starting point is the third place. Then C is at the end vertically to the starting place. Dis towards the exit.
Exactly same what i have done and remember of it ...

Kulroop

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
The speaker mentioned that we are the starting point, and if you take the corridor to the left, you will see the first place. That was moving from the central point to the left, you get E. Point A was beside the seminar room.
The speaker then said that we return to the starting point and that the third point is on the left. That means the place immediately to the left of the starting point is the third place. Then C is at the end vertically to the starting place. Dis towards the exit.
Exactly same what i have done and remember of it ...

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
I like the pattern of Answer :) F A B C D AND CECE , these were easy to remember in listening. I think speaking went great, 3 days before the 24th date..
As a native speaker, the answers come naturally on a standard test such as IELTS, the best practice for speaking would be to speak on few familiar topics with a real past test video, to get comfortable with the timing and real environment, and it's best to talk intuitively on the given topic..as an impromptu, conversation just flows, when two people are fluent in conversing. and then 3-4 minutes of individual talking in between..

a_nambiar

Nov 11, 2017
E was not on the left...it was on the right.. the alphabets followed clockwise direction if you had analyzed..
A B C were at the top... D and E were at the right... F and G were at the left....
That how F is at the left of Entrance..... this is how I saw the map

SEMINAR1-------A---B--------C--------D
G-----------------------------INFO C-----E
SEMINAR 2
F

Last edited:

Baruu

Mar 27, 2018
E was not on the left...it was on the right.. the alphabets followed clockwise direction if you had analyzed..
A B C were at the top... D and E were at the right... F and G were at the left....

SEMINAR 2
F

Okay, I can't remember how the alphabets were placed. But I can remember the words of the speaker and the first place he mentioned was..."take the corridor to your left and at the end is the first place."

For the third place, he said..."return to the starting point and the place is immediately to the left"

Madhuri_kk

Mar 24, 2018

SEMINAR 2
F
Thank you. I remember the map too. I think between seminar 1 and 2 is alphabet E. The rest is same I guess.

Madhuri_kk

Mar 24, 2018

SEMINAR 2
F
Thank you. I remember the map too. I think between seminar 1 and 2 is alphabet E. The rest is same I guess.

Madhuri_kk

Mar 24, 2018
Hi all,

I had one more query . For the face-to-face interview question of section 3, I heard something like they can ask many questions. So I chose a which was more information.

Can anybody kindly confirm what they heard on this?

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
Hi all,

I had one more query . For the face-to-face interview question of section 3, I heard something like they can ask many questions. So I chose a which was more information.

Yes as many as they want, they can stop also in between, if they are satisfied with one or two lines and move on to another question, they have the timer and set of questions, which are driven by individual section 2, it's up-to them, how they make use of those minutes..

suniyal2

Mar 28, 2018
Hi all,

I thought they wanted to create less disturbance so they went for interviews

Madhuri_kk

Mar 24, 2018
Yes as many as they want, they can stop also in between, if they are satisfied with one or two lines and move on to another question, they have the timer and set of questions, which are driven by individual section 2, it's up-to them, how they make use of those minutes..
No, I meant in listening section, section 3, there was a question regarding why students did face to face interviews of employees
This is with respect to that

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
No, I meant in listening section, section 3, there was a question regarding why students did face to face interviews of employees
This is with respect to that
First Instance was marked as "C"-create less disturbance , but even A and B seemed possible, after hearing full conversation..lol, hence C became confusing and another choice was marked.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
There was this mention of the scientist dismissing concerns about the safety of fish in the leftover water;however, there was no mention of a public outcry or criticism. So I would think Not Given is what it is. Although I took it to be false if i apply my bias there.
Yes sure you have a good view point but i think it is
There was this mention of the scientist dismissing concerns about the safety of fish in the leftover water;however, there was no mention of a public outcry or criticism. So I would think Not Given is what it is. Although I took it to be false if i apply my bias there.
under experiment
You have a good view of point actually; but i think your are going so deep in between the lines !
i mean there is a script explaining the nature of an experiment where as a scientist mentioned that the creatures captured are in a better environment due to desalinated water,
and then there is a question asks: there were criticism for putting the fish for experimental use in contaminated water, True ? False? NG?
it sounds tricky because no direct criticism occurred, but in fact it was delightful for the fish according to the scientist.

So maybe it is false: no body criticized it, on the contrary the scientist said it was better case for the fish
or Not Given because the script mentioned nothing about criticism

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018

This is what I remember from the map. First the speaker said. Now you are at the entrance and in front of you is the Information Centre and to your left is the 1st place. Then he said something now come to the Seminar room 1 and to your left is the second place and right was the third place. Cafe was right behind the Information center and shops are to the right. So I marked F E A C D. not sure though

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
This is what I remember from the map. First the speaker said. Now you are at the entrance and in front of you is the Information Centre and to your left is the 1st place. Then he said something now come to the Seminar room 1 and to your left is the second place and right was the third place. Cafe was right behind the Information center and shops are to the right. So I marked F E A C D. not sure though
E and A are not adjacent, which was pretty clear in conversation, hence A and B