+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GENERAL 24TH MARCH- LET'S COMPARE ANSWERS HERE!

vipulsharma

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
W 7.5
Got results back today.

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.5

My wife got 7.5, 9.0, 8.0 and 8.5

We are looking to apply as skilled immigrants via express entry. When we calculated our CRS score, assuming she got an 8.0 in listening we got 459. Now with the official results, and her 7.5 in listening it's dropped immensely to 402. How is this possible?? We were applying with her as principal.

If we alter it so that I am principal, our total CRS is 433......and the lowest so far for the year's draws was 442.

Not feeling great here....

LRWS : 8777 - Its called CLB9 score
8 or more in Listening, and 7 or more in other sections bring some 50 points difference in your score.
If you miss in any of above, even by .5, no matter what your overall score is, this 50 points drop would be seen.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
What I read online is that if you get a 2 band difference and up between sections they will recheck the speaking and the writing so basically there's a smaller chance to get an improved result in the remark.
i got 9 in reading and 6.5 in speaking.. so does it mean there is no benefit for me to remarking for speaking?
sad abt speaking score as i got nervous during test

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Mine
L 9
R 8.5
S 7.5
W 7.5
O 8
My second attempt...
Really could not believe !!
Congrats and best wishes to all!!
did you give both attempts at same centre or different and does it make a difference positively or negatively if we change centre in second attempt?

Apr 1, 2018
My score for test appeared on 24 March 2018 at New Delhi:

L & R - 9, W-7.5, S-7. Overall -8

I am getting 449 score when selecting wife not accompanying and 434 score with wife's ECA (without her IELTS). Thinking of applying with first option, waiting for my ECA confirmation post which I will create my profile.

Reactions: fridge03

Neha@16

Mar 27, 2018
My f
Got my r
Got results back today.

We are looking to apply as skilled immigrants via express entry. When we calculated our CRS score, assuming she got an 8.0 in listening we got 459. Now with the official results, and her 7.5 in listening it's dropped immensely to 402. How is this possible?? We were applying with her as principal.

If we alter it so that I am principal, our total CRS is 433......and the lowest so far for the year's draws was 442.

Crs score is expected to go down in the future rounds. I would suggest you to become the principal applicant.

Neha@16

Mar 27, 2018
Got results back today.

Also, to answer to your query, her clb band is not 9 as it requires 8 in listening and clb band 9 and 10 contribute the maximum to increase the score. Anything below clb 9 would just add very few points. Since you have scored well, ur clb band is either 9 or 10 which has led to increase in your overall crs score if you are the primary

Kulroop

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
N congratulations for your score
I prepared from an institute for ielts for two weeks ...it was advanced class and daily they used to take mock test ...reading part was strong always but i was lacking by 0.5 in writing ...all others modules were ok for me ... I did practice for writing and made sure to get them corrected from teacher ...then slowly realised what mistakes i am committing in writing and gradually omitted them ....
Reading is infact my fav module ...only one question went wrong ...one for match headings (student attendance) that i came to know through this forum.
Listening is just 100 %focus ...one will crack it if attention to speaker is full

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Finally i got the result ..
L:9
R:8.5
S:8.5
W:7.5
O:8.5
Happiness has no boundary today ...this was my third attempt ...all the best to all who still have to receive their results.
Hi! Could you gave advice on Speaking, I got 6.5 on this. Thank you!

Sverma495

May 10, 2014
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I prepared from an institute for ielts for two weeks ...it was advanced class and daily they used to take mock test ...reading part was strong always but i was lacking by 0.5 in writing ...all others modules were ok for me ... I did practice for writing and made sure to get them corrected from teacher ...then slowly realised what mistakes i am committing in writing and gradually omitted them ....
Reading is infact my fav module ...only one question went wrong ...one for match headings (student attendance) that i came to know through this forum.
Listening is just 100 %focus ...one will crack it if attention to speaker is full
Bro please advice on speaking, you got pretty good score in speaking, what is the strategy to crack it kindly explain.

I got L :8.5 R : 9 w : 7 but 6.5 in speaking

Kindly give advice on speaking .

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
I had a 9 for speaking as well. My advice would be to try to not have any gaps. So don't stop speaking until they tell you. For the prepared topic, try to come up with 4/5 bullet points that you can talk about for 30 seconds each. I don't think it matters a lot if it is a little bit off topic, so you can mention personal stories etc.

In general, try some testing with a native English speaker. My girlfriend is Canadian so that was great to practice with. Also helps a lot to not be as nervous when you are actually doing the test.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Sverma495