+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts general 2 August 2018

ENESM

Aug 2, 2018
I doubt that very much... Answer 27 is surely A, there is no arguing about that... IELTS change the context of the questions for 27-30.
I agree that the first one is definetely A. But it is possible that only this one was changed. Other questions can be the same.

behrad

Aug 2, 2018
the point is that I have also find the answer to one of the readings in academic IELTS too,... exactly the same with answers:
Questions 14-19

Reading passage 2 has nine paragraphs(listed A-H)

Which paragraph contains the following information?

Write the appropriate letters A-Hin boxes 14-19 on your answer sheet.

NB you may use any letter more than once

14. examples of countries where electricity use is greater during the day than at night

15. a detailed description of an experiment that led to photovoltaics being promoted throughout the country

16. the negative effects of using conventional means of generating electricity

17. an explanation of the photovoltaics system

18. the long-term benefits of using photovoltaics

19. a reference to wealthy countries being prepared to help less wealthy countries have accessto photovoltaics

Questions 20-26

Do the following statements agree with the information given in Reading Passage 2?

In boxes 20-26 on your answer sheet, write

TRUE if the statement is true
FALSE if the statement is false
NOT GIVEN if the information is not given in the passage
20. Photovoltaics are used to store electricity.

21. Since the 1970s,the US government has provided continuous support for the use of photovoltaics on homes.

22. The solar-powered houses on Rokko Island are uninhabited.

23. In 1994, the Japanese government was providing half the money required for installing photovoltaics on homes.

24. Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Australia all have strict goals with regard to greenhouse gas emissions.

25. Residential electricity use is the major source of greenhouse gas emission.

26. Energy-saving measures must now be included in the design of all new homes and improvements to buildings.

ANSWERS:
14 B 15 D 16 H
17 B 18 I 19 E
20 FALSE 21 FALSE 22 TRUE
23 TRUE 24 NOT GIVEN 25 NOT GIVEN
26 FALSE

Reactions: ENESM

ENESM

Aug 2, 2018
the point is that I have also find the answer to one of the readings in academic IELTS too,... exactly the same with answers:
Questions 14-19

14. examples of countries where electricity use is greater during the day than at night

15. a detailed description of an experiment that led to photovoltaics being promoted throughout the country

19. a reference to wealthy countries being prepared to help less wealthy countries have accessto photovoltaics

Questions 20-26

Do the following statements agree with the information given in Reading Passage 2?

21. Since the 1970s,the US government has provided continuous support for the use of photovoltaics on homes.

23. In 1994, the Japanese government was providing half the money required for installing photovoltaics on homes.

24. Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Australia all have strict goals with regard to greenhouse gas emissions.

26. Energy-saving measures must now be included in the design of all new homes and improvements to buildings.

ANSWERS:
14 B 15 D 16 H
17 B 18 I 19 E
26 FALSE
thanks for sharing

HOW DID YOU FIND THAT?

behrad

Aug 2, 2018
you are welcome... I searched "photovoltaics" with the keyword "IELTS reading" the first or second result in google was this,.... plz do this for other readings too,... I couldn't find the "sound recording"

ENESM

Aug 2, 2018
you are welcome... I searched "photovoltaics" with the keyword "IELTS reading" the first or second result in google was this,.... plz do this for other readings too,... I couldn't find the "sound recording"
I used the same method for the reading PRACTICE tests but I didnt think about doing it for the REAL TEST
Thank you)))

Farzanaa

Aug 3, 2018
What would be the answer for this reading ques under Tax part?

Advertising needs, a _____ is (something)...

Marcus2481

Aug 2, 2018
H
Questions 14-19

Questions 20-26

ANSWERS:
14 B 15 D 16 H
17 B 18 I 19 E
26 FALSE
How do you get all these details verbatim??? I am totally amazed !

Manjitsinghmahal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Questions 14-19

Questions 20-26

ANSWERS:
14 B 15 D 16 H
17 B 18 I 19 E
26 FALSE
Thanku so much

Manjitsinghmahal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Questions 14-19

Questions 20-26

ANSWERS:
14 B 15 D 16 H
17 B 18 I 19 E
26 FALSE
I got 8 right answer from this passage