+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS for FSW or PNP

lalith6487

Jun 23, 2020
My Wife and I Appeared for our IELTS last year and got the following Scores

Wife (Primary Applicant with a Masters Deg Holder - Age - 30) - 8 in Listening and 6.5 each in Reading, Writing and Speaking - Overall at 7
Me (Secondary Applicant with a Bachelors Deg - Age - 33) - 7.5 in Listening, 8 in Reading, 7.5 in Speaking and 6.5 in Writing - Overall at 7.5

Now when i was checking the FSW requirement in CIC - it talks about a basic Requirement of 8 7 7 7 in the IELTS score - Is this mandatory or Can we proceed to Apply with this score?

Things we factored are as below -
1. Our CRS Score in the Calculator in the CIC site gives us a Score of 393 now
2. Considering we improve a score by even 0.5 each - it apparently moves to 407 and not beyond
3. Though I have a slightly better score in IELTS than my wife - Considering her age and Masters degree - she stands better to be the Primary Applicant

So what are the options we have and not sure if my thought process below is correct?

1. I apply for my WES and proceed with the application with the current IELTS score and wait if things to click in the draw
2. I Apply for my WES, Submit my application, Apply for Provincial nominations in parallel and add to my score upon receiving - Now can i do it this way or should i submit my application after receiving the Provincial nomination?

Both of us have a good professional experience in India and have been working with some top companies... WIfe has over 8 years of experience i possess a 13 Years work experience (Though it may not add a great value)

Please suggest how to proceed...

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
The basic requirement is for IELTS 6.0 in each of the four skills (overall score doesn't matter to IRCC)
"basic Requirement of 8 7 7 7 in the IELTS score"
That is to receive the maximum bonus points for language in combination with education or foreign work experience.

"Things we factored are as below -
2. Considering we improve a score by even 0.5 each - it apparently moves to 407 and not beyond
3. Though I have a slightly better score in IELTS than my wife - Considering her age and Masters degree - she stands better to be the Primary Applicant"
With those CRS scores it doesn't matter who is the PA. You won't get an invitation if current conditions continue.

If you get a provincial nomination it will be automatically added to your Express Entry profile.

Reactions: lalith6487

lalith6487

Jun 23, 2020

sandeepjnair

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
The basic requirement is for IELTS 6.0 in each of the four skills (overall score doesn't matter to IRCC)
"basic Requirement of 8 7 7 7 in the IELTS score"
That is to receive the maximum bonus points for language in combination with education or foreign work experience.

"Things we factored are as below -
3. Though I have a slightly better score in IELTS than my wife - Considering her age and Masters degree - she stands better to be the Primary Applicant"
With those CRS scores it doesn't matter who is the PA. You won't get an invitation if current conditions continue.

If you get a provincial nomination it will be automatically added to your Express Entry profile.
Hi !

Update your PR profile with current ielts score, In parallel keep working out to increase your IELTS. Remember you can always update your PR profile anytime.
Now coming to your question, minimum score requirement depends on situation. Please make sure below mentioned points for your profile to get picked up by the provinces under PNP.

CRS score above 400
IELTS - CBL 9
Age - Below 35
Work Experience - above 5years
Your Noc Code - In Demand list of province which your applying to.

Good Luck ! !

Reactions: lalith6487

lalith6487

Jun 23, 2020
Hi !

Update your PR profile with current ielts score, In parallel keep working out to increase your IELTS. Remember you can always update your PR profile anytime.
Now coming to your question, minimum score requirement depends on situation. Please make sure below mentioned points for your profile to get picked up by the provinces under PNP.

CRS score above 400
IELTS - CBL 9
Age - Below 35
Work Experience - above 5years
Your Noc Code - In Demand list of province which your applying to.

Good Luck ! !
Thanks Sandeep! this Helps