+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS EXPIRY & ITA

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my ielts expires on 30 may 2017.
i am planning to make a new EE profile & hoping to get ITA.

Correct me please -

1.as per my understanding my ielts needs to valid until i receive the ITA. doesnt matter if my ielts expires after i receive ITA.

2. CIC may send me ITA. But i have heard u get 60 days to submit docs for my ITA. In my case can I use my expired IELTS i.e. after 30 may 2017 to continue my ITA.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nokia3315 said:
my ielts expires on 30 may 2017.
i am planning to make a new EE profile & hoping to get ITA.

Correct me please -

1.as per my understanding my ielts needs to valid until i receive the ITA. doesnt matter if my ielts expires after i receive ITA.

2. CIC may send me ITA. But i have heard u get 60 days to submit docs for my ITA. In my case can I use my expired IELTS i.e. after 30 may 2017 to continue my ITA.
Your IELTS needs to be valid at the time that you submit your application, not just the ITA.

Also, you have 90 days to submit now post-ITA.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ozlis for the reply.

basically upto what point ielts validity question stops arising or upto what point you need to have valid ielts ?

what if i accept ITA and submit all docs before 30 may 2017 ( before my ielts expires), will i be fine ?

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nokia3315 said:
Thanks ozlis for the reply.

basically upto what point ielts validity question stops arising or upto what point you need to have valid ielts ? <b> It need to be valid at the time of eAPR </b>

what if i accept ITA and submit all docs before 30 may 2017 ( before my ielts expires), will i be fine ? <b> YES, No issue </b>

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Ya9545 for the reply.
So i should be fine if i get my eAPR before my ielts expiry.

2nd thing I have heard & want to clear my doubt. Do i need to have valid ielts when i get my permanent residence ?

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nokia3315 said:
Thanks Ya9545 for the reply.
So i should be fine if i get my eAPR before my ielts expiry. Yes. I hope to do the same

2nd thing I have heard & want to clear my doubt. Do i need to have valid ielts when i get my permanent residence ? Never heard of it. If you find any info on this, plz share

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Lailina for the reply.

I found the discussion on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/query-on-ielsts-t476063.0.html

direct link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nokia3315 said:
thanks Lailina for the reply.

I found the discussion on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/query-on-ielsts-t476063.0.html

direct link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
yes, I checked the CIC link several times and it says
Note: Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.
meaning when we submit our application eAPR/AOR, not till we get the PR

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lailina thanks again for taking your time to check that & cofirm.

Btw, can you please give me some ideas on e-APR & AOR.

e-APR (electronic – Application for Permanent Residence) is when you submission of all docs after you accept the ITA you received.

AOR is what you get from CIC after completing & making final payment of fees for e-APR.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nokia3315 said:
Lailina thanks again for taking your time to check that & cofirm.

Btw, can you please give me some ideas on e-APR & AOR.

e-APR (electronic – Application for Permanent Residence) is when you submission of all docs after you accept the ITA you received.

AOR is what you get from CIC after completing & making final payment of fees for e-APR.
I am learning things with u ;) as I am in a similar situation.
Submission date of the eAPR, yes, is the day when we finish filling in all the forms and submit our docs.
AOR is an automated Acknowledgement of Receipt of our documents. As it should be automatic, it shouldnt take long. But people on forum said it might take up to several weeks ??? This is smth we might need to worry about and take into consideration when deciding when to submit.
In order to get better understanding of how long it really takes from submission of eAPR to receiving AOR, I am going to check people`s timelines :)

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ok. after a quick check of the several threads (AOR November, December and January) and tables posted there, i came to conclusion that AOR comes the same day one submits their eAPR.
In other words, for us it means that as long as we submit our application before expiration of our IELTS, we are safe.
That being said, I would suggest you not to leave it till the last moment coz nobody can predict system glitches etc. And just to make sure I am not locked out of the pool in case something goes wrong, I have registered for the ielts in march.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Lailina for the detailed explanation.
Best of luck for the 2017 exams.