+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts expiry during OINP application processing

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Hi Members,

I have a very critical situation regarding my OINP application. I am sharing my timelines and would really look for some advice from experts from this forum.

CRS : 401
Ontario PT : 10th Dec '15
Date of Birth : 18th Dec
CRS : 395 (scr dropped due to age, which is exempted by OINP)
App reached : 31st Dec '15
Ielts Expiry : 24th April 2016
Attempt II IDP ielts test : 19th March 2016
IDP results : 1st April 2016
New ielts result : LRWS - 7.5, 6.5, 7, 7
CRS : 392 (drops if I update the EE profile)

Please help me in this situation where I have not even got my AOR yet and even my Ielts is expiring on 24th April, 2016.

Below are some possible solution is can think as of now:

- Reevaluation of IDP IELTS result, but it will take 6-8 weeks for revised result.
- Write to OINP about status of my application.
- Inform OINP that I am not able to get any dates for Ielts test in India.
- I am only willing to retake ielts with BC and date is not available before May end that too in different state.

I am looking forward to get suggestions and comments on my above solutions. Please experts help me here.

Thanks in advance.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you do not need to inform OINP about this situation, just retake the IELTS in the earliest possible date and try to get CLB 9+; even after you receive your AOR, it will still take up to 30-60days to get a nomination so I imagine you would be fine.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
First things first: make sure you update your EE profile with the new result, before your old test expires on April 24, or else your EE profile will be ineligible and irrevocable.

As wisak said, try to retake it again to get up to CLB 9+.

On the other hand, there was already a case here where someone's IELTS expired during OINP processing and he failed to send any new result to OINP, so OINP rejected his application.

Since April 24 is very close, if I were you, I'd send that new result to OINP anyway and then tell them you are attempting to retake the test again in May when the dates reopen to bring your CRS to the same levels. Send them a copy too of the IELTS schedules. Do you have AOR from OINP yet?

masaudakhter

Aug 1, 2015
Can anybody guide me
My CRS is 370 under EE ,as its too low so i want to go for PNP i e BC PNP ,but i came through website where i found job offer is required to be eligible for PNP
Can any body let me know is job offer is must?
Thanks

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
bellaluna said:
First things first: make sure you update your EE profile with the new result, before your old test expires on April 24, or else your EE profile will be ineligible and irrevocable.

On the other hand, there was already a case here where someone's IELTS expired during OINP processing and he failed to send any new result to OINP, so OINP rejected his application.

Since April 24 is very close, if I were you, I'd send that new result to OINP anyway and then tell them you are attempting to retake the test again in May when the dates reopen to bring your CRS to the same levels. Send them a copy too of the IELTS schedules. Do you have AOR from OINP yet?
Thanks bellaluna. I haven't got AOR yet.
One more thing wanted to know regarding calculation of ielts expiry, is it from date of ielts test taken or from the date the ielts results was issued?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Hi,

I was looking for some URGENT advice on how to handle the issue of IELTS expiring during OINP Processing...In my case, I have AoR and also DD has been encashed by OINP IN Sept 2016. My current CRS is 400, but for OINP it is 410 (as they exempted age point loss in May).

Now, my IELTS is expiring on Nov 22. My original IELTS score was all CLB 10 so I have 32+32+32+32 for English language.

I have given IELTS twice (Aug '16, Oct '16) but unable to get CLB 10 in all 4 sections (as per initial 2014 IELTS score). Here is the break up:
Nov 2014 - R 9, L 8.5, W 8, S 7.5 (all CLB 10)
Aug 2016 - R 9, L 8, W 7, S 7 (three CLB 9, one CLB 10)
Oct 2016 - R 9, L 7.5, W 7.5, S 8 (all CLB 10 except Listening CLB 8 which makes my CRS drop 10 points for IELTS, plus 50 points for Adaptability)
Nov 19, 2016 - reappearing next Saturday in the hopes of two CLB 10 and two CLB 9 to maintain my score at 400 for OINP eligibility!!

I have registered for IELTS again on Nov 19, 2016 but the result will come on Dec 2 i.e. after expiry of my current IELTS score. So if I don't update my EE Profile before Nov 22, will my profile become inactive? How to handle this? Does one need to inform OINP? Shall I update my CIC EE profile with August / Oct 2016 score to prevent it from becoming INVALID after Nov 22????

Please contact me urgently at 8130680123 or mail me at kanikag@hotmail.com.

PLS HELP!!!

Thanks,
Kanika

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
bellaluna said:

My case is similar to Nisha....

Hi,

I was looking for some URGENT advice on how to handle the issue of IELTS expiring during OINP Processing...In my case, I have AoR and also DD has been encashed by OINP IN Sept 2016. My current CRS is 400, but for OINP it is 410 (as they exempted age point loss in May).

Now, my IELTS is expiring on Nov 22. My original IELTS score was all CLB 10 so I have 32+32+32+32 for English language.

I have given IELTS twice (Aug '16, Oct '16) but unable to get CLB 10 in all 4 sections (as per initial 2014 IELTS score). Here is the break up:
Oct 2016 - R 9, L 7.5, W 7.5, S 8 (all CLB 10 except Listening CLB 8 which makes my CRS drop 10 points for IELTS, plus 50 points for Adaptability)
Nov 19, 2016 - reappearing next Saturday in the hopes of two CLB 10 and two CLB 9 to maintain my score at 400 for OINP eligibility!!

I have registered for IELTS again on Nov 19, 2016 but the result will come on Dec 2 i.e. after expiry of my current IELTS score. So if I don't update my EE Profile before Nov 22, will my profile become inactive? How to handle this? Does one need to inform OINP? Shall I update my CIC EE profile with August / Oct 2016 score to prevent it from becoming INVALID after Nov 22?

PLS HELP!!!

Thanks,
Kanika

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
SanKanKun said:
Hi,

I have registered for IELTS again on Nov 19, 2016 but the result will come on Dec 2 i.e. after expiry of my current IELTS score. So if I don't update my EE Profile before Nov 22, will my profile become inactive? How to handle this? Does one need to inform OINP? Shall I update my CIC EE profile with August / Oct 2016 score to prevent it from becoming INVALID after Nov 22????

Please contact me urgently at 8130680123 or mail me at kanikag@hotmail.com.

PLS HELP!!!

Thanks,
Kanika
Hi Kanika,

As personally messaged you earlier, I had updated my ielts score in EE profile just to keep it active and it worked for me though I was not having AOR at that time.
Regarding the profile getting ineligible, yes that is true as I created a test account to verify the same.
I am not sure on whether you should inform Oinp or not as not sure what it's repercussions might be.
You may take advise from experts in this forum.

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
patricia9 said:
Hi Kanika,

As personally messaged you earlier, I had updated my ielts score in EE profile just to keep it active and it worked for me though I was not having AOR at that time.
Regarding the profile getting ineligible, yes that is true as I created a test account to verify the same.
I am not sure on whether you should inform Oinp or not as not sure what it's repercussions might be.
You may take advise from experts in this forum.
Thanks i saw ur msg... i guess it makes sense to update my profile to keep it active but CRS will drop to 399, till Dec 2. The risk is that if OINP picks up my application between Nov 22-Dec2, they will know my IELTS HAS EXPIRED AND I DID NOT INFORM THEM!!