+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts expiring in Dec 2021

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
Hi Team

My IELTS score is expiring in Dec 2021(less than two years old). Can I use it to apply for the Canadian experience class PR application. My current score is 505.

Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you:
  • complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results

To be honest I am a bit confused with this highlighted line.

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
You can apply now, if you get the ITA before it expires you're good. otherwise when it gets expired your EE profile will be automatically ineligible as your proof of English proficiency won't be valid.
You have 4 months until then and if you're inland, there is no doubt you will get the ITA the next round (tomorrow !) if you act fast. You do not necessarily have to wait for 12 months in the pool. it's a competition, not first come first serve.
If you're outland, I'm positive with opening borders on Sep 7th this year, the chance if intaking "no program specified" EE profiles will be very high sometimes in Sep-Oct.

Reactions: Gomze

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
Thanks, @sarshar.I am hopeful I will get the ITA. My concern is what if it gets expired during the processing after I submit my application. Will it cause be some trouble?

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
You can apply now, if you get the ITA before it expires you're good. otherwise when it gets expired your EE profile will be automatically ineligible as your proof of English proficiency won't be valid.
You have 4 months until then and if you're inland, there is no doubt you will get the ITA the next round (tomorrow !) if you act fast. You do not necessarily have to wait for 12 months in the pool. it's a competition, not first come first serve.
If you're outland, I'm positive with opening borders on Sep 7th this year, the chance if intaking "no program specified" EE profiles will be very high sometimes in Sep-Oct.

Thanks, @sarshar.I am hopeful I will get the ITA. My concern is what if it gets expired during the processing after I submit my application. Will it cause be some trouble?

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
no it doesn't. it's like aging which reduces your score if you are above 30. you are done with your scoring and eligibility when you submit your application and get the ITA.
Just go for it now. best of luck

Reactions: Gomze