IELTS expiring after ITA, before sending in PR application

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My IELTS results (and my partner's) both expire on April 17 this year. I'm not worried, because we are signed up to retake the exam on the 18th and should have our new results within our 60-day PR application limit. On my EE profile I posted the results and the confirmation number from the 2013 exam. I got an ITA on March 27, and will wait until the results of the new exam are available to send my PR application to CIC.

The thing is - in my list of documents, there is no request for IELTS results, and nowhere to upload the new numbers! Would you add the new results and confirmation numbers in the optional explanation document, or change your EE profile? CAN you change your EE profile?

What would you do in this case to avoid processing delays?

shenggay

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same dilemma. Did you attach your new ielts score to your explanation letter as what dan_and advised?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shenggay said:
I have the same dilemma. Did you attach your new ielts score to your explanation letter as what dan_and advised?
We get our new results tomorrow, and our medicals are next week, so I haven't uploaded yet. There does seem, right now, to be a place in the PR application where we could write in the new numbers. We will do that, and attach scans of the new IELTS scores to our education pdfs, then write an explanation in the optional letter. I wouldn't be worried about it, except that so much seems to be buggy in these applications, and we've done so much work getting multiple reference letters, police letters, new IELTS, bank statements, tax forms, and medicals that I'd be horribly discouraged if the application is returned.

One thing is for sure - if the application is returned, I'll change my answers to only be eligible for CEC!

shenggay

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We'll have our IELTS result next week and medicals done next week as well.
You're right, if not for the number of applications being returned for minor reasons, I wouldn't worry about it.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am facing the same problem i just got ITA in 13th draw and my IELTS expire on 27th July however i am giving new test on 1st August so i should have my results within next 14 days so i can submit the application using new results plus i can get other docs done in the meantime.

I can also upload a letter of explanation with it, how did it work out for you.

Please help with this situation.

Thanks