+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS expired post nomination but before ITA

gayanj40

Apr 3, 2017
Hi All,
I have a nomination from Ontario and my IELTS expired before I could get an ITA. I have scheduled to retake IELTS in the coming weeks. My question is if I get a lower IELTS score than the last time will it be okay since I have 600 points from nomination and I am above the cut off anyway? Or will it affect the nomination as well?

Last edited:

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi All,
I have a nomination from Ontario and my IELTS expired before I could get an ITA. I have scheduled to retake IELTS in the coming weeks. My question is if I get a lower IELTS score than the last time will it be okay since I have 600 points from nomination and I am above the cut off anyway? Or will it affect the nomination as well?
It wont affect your nomination as your file is closed with OINP and was processed as is with them. It will only affect your CRS points with IRCC and hence try to get the same score to avoid any recalculation.

With that being said, having 600 points in your EE profile pretty much guarantees your ITA being above the cutoff point and hence IRCC won't recalculate your points to be below this cutoff and therefore you are extremely secured.

Regards

Reactions: gayanj40

gayanj40

Apr 3, 2017
It wont affect your nomination as your file is closed with OINP and was processed as is with them. It will only affect your CRS points with IRCC and hence try to get the same score to avoid any recalculation.

With that being said, having 600 points in your EE profile pretty much guarantees your ITA being above the cutoff point and hence IRCC won't recalculate your points to be below this cutoff and therefore you are extremely secured.

Regards
Thank you so much for the clarification. :)
So now I will have to just submit my EE application with new IELTS results even if the scores are a little lower right?
This IELTS thing is really a joke. :(

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you so much for the clarification. :)
So now I will have to just submit my EE application with new IELTS results even if the scores are a little lower right?
This IELTS thing is really a joke. :(
Yes. You also can attach an LOE to explain this to IRCC

Reactions: gayanj40

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hi All,
Can you please share the outcome? I’m in same situation but OINP is still in assessment stage and IELTS expiring soon? So will it be fine if I get CLB7?