+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Expired After Receiving ITA

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
Hi, As the headline suggests, I received my ITA but a few days after my IELTS expired. I have yet to submit all my documents for PR. Is it okay if I retake the test and apply with the new results as long as my total points are above the CRS cutoff for my round of invitations? Just wanted to know if the IELTS score & date mentioned in my Express Entry profile being different from the IELTS score & date in my AOR would cause any problem. Thank you

looking_for_username

Apr 4, 2023
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-05-2023
IELTS score should be valid on the day you get AOR, so ideally you should attempt IELTS again and try to achieve the same band or higher.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks! I shouldn't decline my ita and enter the pool again, right? I got scared when someone said that to me.
So basically you can take new test and update the scores while filling application. If your scores remain same as one for invitation, you are good and submit application. If scores fall below the cut off with new Ielts exam , you have to decline invitation.

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
So basically you can take new test and update the scores while filling application. If your scores remain same as one for invitation, you are good and submit application. If scores fall below the cut off with new Ielts exam , you have to decline invitation.
That sure helps. I would retake it, no doubt. Thank you so much!

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
That sure helps. I would retake it, no doubt. Thank you so much!
It wouldn't cause any grounds for rejection, I'm hoping. Given that the test result number in my application for pr would be different than the one in my express entry profile

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
It wouldn't cause any grounds for rejection, I'm hoping. Given that the test result number in my application for pr would be different than the one in my express entry profile
No . You can attach letter of explanation along with old ielts certificate and write that your test expired and you are attaching new report along with old one . Upload under additional documents.

garryd

Jun 8, 2023
No . You can attach letter of explanation along with old ielts certificate and write that your test expired and you are attaching new report along with old one . Upload under additional documents.
Perfect. That works. Thanks so much for your help. Appreciate it!

Reactions: Miss bee