+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Exams

pinks

Apr 2, 2007
Hi :

I received a notice from the Canadian Consulate to take an English Proficiency test although I sent a letter stating my justification.

Could you some guide me where do I go and how do I register for my exams. I live in Nebraska.

Appreciate your help.

-Pinks

raquibw

May 27, 2007
I have applied for PR with IELTS score 6.0 in 2004. Do I have to sit for another IELTS exam before interview as it has been 3 years passed? My application is still in process.

nav010

May 29, 2007
Can anyone explain me the need for IELTS in immigration process?
I visited the website, but nowhere IELTS is mentioned.

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
I hope you have seen requirement for immigration. One requirment is Language Proficiency. Canada has two official Languages. English and French. A prospective immigrant has to prove himself in anyone of these. Official method of proving one's ability in English is IELTS and for French it is TEF. Pleas see following for further information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-3.html

Thanks
Cool

pracky

May 30, 2007
Hi,

CHC asked me to take IELTS exam and submit the result.
But by the time I took exam and before I could submit my result they sent request for medicals and waved off my IELTS.

However, I have a scoring of 7.5 overall and above 7 on all. one need 7 and above in all to get full points of 16.

received request for passport !!!.

Cheers,
Prakash

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
pracky said:
Hi,

But by the time I took exam and before I could submit my result they sent request for medicals and waved off my IELTS.

However, I have a scoring of 7.5 overall and above 7 on all. one need 7 and above in all to get full points of 16.

Cheers,
Prakash
Excellent!!!

congratulation you are now one of this year's winners

cheers
Eduardo

pracky

May 30, 2007
Thanx eduardo,

I received my passports with visa stamped and COPR. will be moving to canada in july.

cheers

pinks

Apr 2, 2007
Hi all:

Thanx for the information. I got the info and contacted the chicago center..luks like there's one in July...they will not confirm until we send them the applicationa and money...of 155$ .Damnn that's expensive.

What happens if we can't take up that exams due to other constraints...they mentioned in the letter that they will go ahead with the process and this may reduce the points.

What is the best advice??

-Pinks

pinks

Apr 2, 2007
So did you take the exams within 120days or later???

pracky said:
Hi,

Cheers,
Prakash

pinks

Apr 2, 2007
Some body please response to my email.

If we don't take IELTS exams will there be a problem with the immigration..

Book suggestion to buy for IELTS preparation or even link should do.

Appreciate your help.

-Pinks

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
pinks said:
Some body please response to my email.

If we don't take IELTS exams will there be a problem with the immigration..

Book suggestion to buy for IELTS preparation or even link should do.

Appreciate your help.

-Pinks
If you were asked to send the IELTS results, and you don't do it, certainly you will have problems