+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS EOR - Dubai

ines.mech

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi guys,

I've taken the IELTS exam 3 times and keep getting a 6.5 in writing. I just applied for an EOR for the last 2 tests on the 1st of May. Here are my initial results:

March 30th

Listening 8.0
Reading 8.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8.5

April 10th

Listening 9.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8.5

Did anyone from the UAE apply for an EOR recently? Did your grade get changed and how long did it take to get the result back?

Gazias

May 16, 2019
So sorry to see your results stuck at 6.5 on writing while you have perfect scores in other sections. I don't have an answer to your question but I really wish you all the best with the EOR!

ines.mech

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
So sorry to see your results stuck at 6.5 on writing while you have perfect scores in other sections. I don't have an answer to your question but I really wish you all the best with the EOR!
Thanks Grazias for your kind response. I’m hoping to get my result sometime next week. It’s quite stressful :(

Justin4d

Sep 12, 2019
Thanks Grazias for your kind response. I’m hoping to get my result sometime next week. It’s quite stressful :(
Did you get a successful response in the end?

I am rather disappointed to read in the forums that the Reading component would not yield potential increase (even by 0.5) which is what I will need to get in my case. I would like to know if the Computer based test is marked by a PC or a human - as I am quite sure that I didn't screw up the test that much in the reading component!

ines.mech

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Did you get a successful response in the end?

I am rather disappointed to read in the forums that the Reading component would not yield potential increase (even by 0.5) which is what I will need to get in my case. I would like to know if the Computer based test is marked by a PC or a human - as I am quite sure that I didn't screw up the test that much in the reading component!
None of my EORs came back changed (I asked to re-evaluate my writing only). I did however end up getting the score I needed without EOR.
As far as I know the correction technique for both computer and paper delivered exams are is same. I personally do not advice anyone to apply for EOR for reading and listening as the grades almost never change.

Justin4d

Sep 12, 2019
Yeah from all the further research I've done today, it seems almost inevitable that I will have to rewrite that bloody IELTS test again!

It really kills my soul, as I received top CLB bands in everything except Reading - so I'd love to know where I came so short in getting the 7.5+ that I needed for my CRS application for Express entry.

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yeah from all the further research I've done today, it seems almost inevitable that I will have to rewrite that bloody IELTS test again!

It really kills my soul, as I received top CLB bands in everything except Reading - so I'd love to know where I came so short in getting the 7.5+ that I needed for my CRS application for Express entry.
Which did you give your IELTS Test in Dubai?

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys,

I've taken the IELTS exam 3 times and keep getting a 6.5 in writing. I just applied for an EOR for the last 2 tests on the 1st of May. Here are my initial results:

March 30th
Listening 8.0
Reading 8.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8.5

April 10th
Listening 9.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8.5

Did anyone from the UAE apply for an EOR recently? Did your grade get changed and how long did it take to get the result back?
Hey! Did you try EOR ?
Which center did you gave your test ?

Stracke

Feb 17, 2021

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.