Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Exam Date: 09/30/2017
Result: 10/13
Applied for EOR: 10/16
Received by BC India: 10/18
Received by BC UK: 10/24

Mentally prepared for the long wait which they said could be 8 to 10 weeks!
Expecting result:
  • best case by: 12/19 (8 weeks)
  • optimistically hoping: earlier than 12/19 (before 8 weeks)
  • realistically hoping by: 12/25 (9 weeks)
  • but surely no later than: 01/01/2018 (10 weeks)

After 9 weeks, patience was in short supply. Thinking really the worst case date is approaching, they must've surely completed my EOR evaluation and result should be on way. Let me confirm.
  • Called on 12/28. They said apologies for delay due to holidays. Your results should arrive following week.
  • Called again on 01/02/2018. They said the same thing, apologies for delay, that EOR is complete and they should have my tracking number this week.
  • Called again on 01/04. They said results can take up to 10 weeks plus another 10 days to dispatch them. This was never mentioned anywhere!! I think they made this up as they were delayed in the process. They also asked me to call following day.
  • Called again on 01/05. They said Sunday is coming up and that I should wait till Monday to receive the tracking number, if not give them a call on Tuesday. They were confident I will receive the tracking number by Monday.

Was thinking, since it's a renowned courier service which they use, result should arrive within a couple of days from receiving tracking.

01/08: Yayy! Finally the EOR arrived. No SMS alert, directly courier arrived.
Time taken since EOR received by BC England: 77 days (11 weeks)

Opened the parcel with trembling hands.

But before that, a little bit of background about my scores:

TOEFL many years back: LRWS 28, 29, 30, 23
IELTS 1st attempt: LRWS 7.5, 9, 7.5, 7
IELTS 2nd attempt: LRWS 8, 8.5, 6.5, 7.5

Back to the trembling hands, opened the packet. It said, the band score awarded for this module has changed from 6.5 to 7
Couldn't believe it. Read my updated score card few more times. Feeling ecstatic!!!

Updated IELTS score: LRWS 8, 8.5, 7, 7.5

I thought I did well at Writing in my latest attempt. So I was surprised in the first place that my Writing score had gone down.

Moral of the story:
Keep hope alive
If you're confident you did well and didn't get rewarded with desired scores then EOR makes sense but keep in mind the long wait time

Keep the good vibrations going! Good luck!
Congratulations. Worth the wait.
Can you please let me know whether they send any mail before trf and also where to contact British council.

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Congratulations. Worth the wait.
Can you please let me know whether they send any mail before trf and also where to contact British council.
Hi Micky, thanks. If you mean the initial TRF after results are announced then here in BC India they send SMS before that TRF is delivered. But if you mean the TRF after EOR completed, then I was supposed to get an SMS but never got one, the post-EOR TRF was sent directly without any notifications. Also, you can find contact info and procedure for BC India here

kulpsing

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hey Kulpsing,

Even I am thinking for the EOR I have appeared on the same date. what's the last date for the EOR .... if we appeared on 16th dec
You need to apply within 6 weeks from the test date. So, you need to make your mind before 26th Jan.
What is your score?

-Kulpsing

kulpsing

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015

Expecting result:

After 9 weeks, patience was in short supply. Thinking really the worst case date is approaching, they must've surely completed my EOR evaluation and result should be on way. Let me confirm.
  • Called on 12/28. They said apologies for delay due to holidays. Your results should arrive following week.
  • Called again on 01/02/2018. They said the same thing, apologies for delay, that EOR is complete and they should have my tracking number this week.
  • Called again on 01/04. They said results can take up to 10 weeks plus another 10 days to dispatch them. This was never mentioned anywhere!! I think they made this up as they were delayed in the process. They also asked me to call following day.
  • Called again on 01/05. They said Sunday is coming up and that I should wait till Monday to receive the tracking number, if not give them a call on Tuesday. They were confident I will receive the tracking number by Monday.

Was thinking, since it's a renowned courier service which they use, result should arrive within a couple of days from receiving tracking.

Back to the trembling hands, opened the packet. It said, the band score awarded for this module has changed from 6.5 to 7
Couldn't believe it. Read my updated score card few more times. Feeling ecstatic!!!

I thought I did well at Writing in my latest attempt. So I was surprised in the first place that my Writing score had gone down.

Moral of the story:
Keep hope alive
If you're confident you did well and didn't get rewarded with desired scores then EOR makes sense but keep in mind the long wait time

Many congratts
Worth a wait...

Reactions: Retruitious

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I suggest you go for both: re-sit for the exam and apply for EOR don't waste time,
Once you made your decision for EE you will be investing some money to get it anyway, and for several requirements and fees, saving money should not be your object, may PR should ...
Dont trade off time for money CRS could drop in any draw and you should be there at time or wait for the next year with some saving in pocket

Last edited:

amitmahajan82

Jun 14, 2014

Expecting result:

Moral of the story:
Keep hope alive

Congrats buddy!!

My EOR was received by them on Dec 5th but still they are delaying it till Feb end. BTW, how did you check that you EOR request reached BC, UK and on what date it reached.

Reactions: Retruitious

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
BTW, how did you check that you EOR request reached BC, UK and on what date it reached.
BC India sent an SMS they received it and they told me over phone (when I called) that they are the ones who will forward it to BC UK. About 1 week later, I received another SMS about receiving my EOR which I'm assuming was from BC UK.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
BC India sent an SMS they received it and they told me over phone (when I called) that they are the ones who will forward it to BC UK. About 1 week later, I received another SMS about receiving my EOR which I'm assuming was from BC UK.
First message they will send when they receive your documents at the test centre.
Next message after 3-7 days about evaluation is in process and will take upto 10 weeks.

seeramzan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
I applied for EOR(In IDP) on 27 January 2018 for 06 Jan 2018 Exam and waiting for the good news:)

My score is as below
LRSW: 8.5;9;7.5;6.5