+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS.....COUNTS TOO MUCH IN EE!

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
I am trying to calculate how many IELTS points I need for FSW...
ONLY to find that it counts too much!!!!

and CIC takes the lowest CLB in four modules..

For example, if W 7.5, L7.5 R 8 S7.5 CLB 8
compared with W7.5,L 8.5, R 8, S7.5, CLB 10

IN my case, it will add 60 points to CRS....

THAT'S RIDICULES!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

binshuo20

May 4, 2016
From your forum I can safely assume you are Chinese, right? Although English is not our native language, it's still taught in junior high school.

All you need to do is keep working on your English. I took 3 tests until I got L8 R9 S7 W7.

If language wasn't take into account, then what's left with the human capital score. Age? Or Education? That would be even more unfair. I know a lot of people who studied in Canada for their college degree and their English is shitty. If they were given much more points for their foreign degree while I can practice my English on my own and beat them all on test, that would be much more irritating.

newcecapplicant

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
A little self belief and some hard work will go a long way. Canada has immigrants from everywhere, speaking every language and there is much tolerance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaolei said:

This isn't true at all. Your overall CLB doesn't matter; each module earns points separately

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
xiaolei said:

You don't seem to understand how language points are calculated for EE. This demonstrates why language skills are important.

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
scylla said:
You don't seem to understand how language points are calculated for EE. This demonstrates why language skills are important.
I have tried different IELTS scoresas listed, there is a difference of 60. The work experience is worth only25..

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
binshuo20 said:
From your forum I can safely assume you are Chinese, right? Although English is not our native language, it's still taught in junior high school.

All you need to do is keep working on your English. I took 3 tests until I got L8 R9 S7 W7.

If language wasn't take into account, then what's left with the human capital score. Age? Or Education? That would be even more unfair. I know a lot of people who studied in Canada for their college degree and their English is *censored word*. If they were given much more points for their foreign degree while I can practice my English on my own and beat them all on test, that would be much more irritating.
Iwould say sufficient work experience together with moderate English works best when settling down in Canada

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
dan_and said:
No, it is not ridiculous.

There is clear evidence that language abilities are the most important factor in the economic success of an immigrant, hence the weight on language test results.
Ididn't know there is such a relation.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaolei said:
Ididn't know there is such a relation.
Of course there is. How are you supposed to get a job, or work with other employees or customers, if your language skills are poor.

xiaolei said:
Iwould say sufficient work experience together with moderate English works best when settling down in Canada
How would you know that if you haven't already settled down in Canada ?
I know the system sometimes seems unfair. But CIC wants to ensure that the people who do make it through the system have the best possible chance of succeeding in Canada. So the system is biased towards people immigration feels will have the best chance, so CIC clearly thinks that language plays a huge role.

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
istari said:
Of course there is. How are you supposed to get a job, or work with other employees or customers, if your language skills are poor.

How would you know that if you haven't already settled down in Canada ?
I know the system sometimes seems unfair. But CIC wants to ensure that the people who do make it through the system have the best possible chance of succeeding in Canada. So the system is biased towards people immigration feels will have the best chance, so CIC clearly thinks that language plays a huge role.
I got my master in Canada. Now I am hunting for a job. Got rejected for three times only because I am not a PR. So I have to start it over, apply PR first! Thr thing is that I can't a job without PR, and I Cant get PRwithout ajob . That's whyI am worried and angry about the system.

iamlily

Feb 6, 2016
xiaolei said:
I got my master in Canada. Now I am hunting for a job. Got rejected for three times only because I am not a PR. So I have to start it over, apply PR first! Thr thing is that I can't a job without PR, and I Cant get PRwithout ajob . That's whyI am worried and angry about the system.
If you don't have Canadian experience, you maximum score is 481(clb10 in each band), which is not high enough. If you have Canadian experience, it will be much easier... So you should find a job...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamlily said:
If you don't have Canadian experience, you maximum score is 481(clb10 in each band), which is not high enough. If you have Canadian experience, it will be much easier... So you should find a job...
481 should be more than enough to get ITA.. i know cut off has been high for hte last few months but it will go down from october onwards (hoping :) )