+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Confusion !!!

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
when sydney sends you an AOR i think it simply means you have been preapproved for PR processing based on what you have written in the forms.
the visa office's job is to check the truth of what you have written in your application.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

imranali_2004us said:
Today I have called some of the well-reputed consultant of Pakistan based in Karachi like Lalani,Sun & Amir Ismail whos also a certified Immigration consultant.Both Lalani and Amir Ismail told me that New AOR means that your Assessment has been done and that Islamabad Office will only verify the documents,they wont be doing any re-assessment of your case.Once your documents are verified you will be immediately sent Medicals.People at Sun didnt have a clue abt New AOR,thats absolutely true.
I think the "consultants" don't know what they are talking about. All CIU does is check that the NOC is in the list of "38". The processing office will then send out the 120 day letter. Once the documents are received then CHC will assess the application, comparing the claimed NOC to the duties in the reference letter.

PMM

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
i think the consultants may have a point.
the ciu checks your application if you reach the required 67 points and your noc is one of the 38. then they'll decide if you pass and is approved for further assessment. you are in principle "approved". and will forward your file to the visa office.
what the visa office basically will do is check the truth of your submitted application and documents.
the visa officer will only deny your application if your submitted docs do not support your claimed points. they do not decide if you are approved or not, they will only decide if what you have written in the application is true or false.
this is my opinion only.