+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS before Issuing workpermit!!!.

NOC6641

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Dear Applicants

I applied for my Workpermit in july. I was called for medical on the 4th this month.When I went to collect the forms to embassy ,girl at the counter gave me two forums.one is for medicals and second forum requesting to do the IELTS.They want me to do the IELTS within 30 days and produce my results.

Has anyone been through this situation before?.does anyone know how much I have to score?.

Please help on this!!! as I am really worried as I have just two weeks to ready for the IELTS exam.

Serafin1

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
NOC6641 said:
Dear Applicants

I applied for my Workpermit in july. I was called for medical on the 4th this month.When I went to collect the forms to embassy ,girl at the counter gave me two forums.one is for medicals and second forum requesting to do the IELTS.They want me to do the IELTS within 30 days and produce my results.

Has anyone been through this situation before?.does anyone know how much I have to score?.

Please help on this!!! as I am really worried as I have just two weeks to ready for the IELTS exam.

Hi,

What program are you applying ? There are some TWP programs which requires EILTS exams..like Caregivers and nurses but mostly wala nmn. Generally, they are requiring EILTS for permanent residency applications.

NOC6641

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Thanks a lot for your reply serafin,I applied as a kitchen helper in alberta in a hotel.I think it falls under semi- skilled wolker cataogry. they have'nt even mentioned how much I have to score for IELTS on the request SHEET,

please please help meeee,.

nitt

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Hi Noc 6441 please tell us ur visa office. In alberta you need around 5.5 overall with good individual modules result

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOC6641 said:
Dear Applicants

Hi ,
You Need To Score Minium 5 Points In IELTS Exam for canada.
Also You Need To hurry up & check the nearest IELTS center in ur region Cus you have to see if there is seat available for you.Since in my region it was twice in a month.
when i needed to ake one it took me almost 2 months just to get a seat.The results Takes 15 days online to see how much you score & the certificte .Following comes the certificate by post.Since in my region IELTS was twice in a month.
Hope this will answer your question.
Best of luck.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I passed my documents for live in caregiver last month and it is still being reviewed when I checked the status (i sent it via VAC-Cebu). I have not taken the speak test or IELTS yet. Is it required to include it in the application or the embassy will request for it (it is not included in the checklist)?

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
planningtogo said:
Hi,

I passed my documents for live in caregiver last month and it is still being reviewed when I checked the status (i sent it via VAC-Cebu). I have not taken the speak test or IELTS yet. Is it required to include it in the application or the embassy will request for it (it is not included in the checklist)?

Thanks,
Hi Friend,
Its much Better You Take the IELTS test cus.

1) According to new rule you have proof your profiency in english through this exam & score minimum 5 points.
2) Its valid for 2 years.
3) Its safer when you apply for your visa.Any ways they gone ask you one.Also the test is not taken every day .They have twice a month depending your region.

Hope this Will Answer your question.Any help feel free to ask.
Best Of Luck. ;)

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay93 said:
Hi Friend,
Its much Better You Take the IELTS test cus.

1) According to new rule you have proof your profiency in english through this exam & score minimum 5 points.
2) Its valid for 2 years.
3) Its safer when you apply for your visa.Any ways they gone ask you one.Also the test is not taken every day .They have twice a month depending your region.

Hope this Will Answer your question.Any help feel free to ask.
Best Of Luck. ;)
Thanks,

I took the test before but it's already expired. The embassy will just request for me to take the exam, is that right?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
ajay93 said:
Can you provide official link? Does this apply only for live in caregiver category? Thanks in advance.

NOC6641

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Thanks Ajay. I already registered online and booked my place.need to pay the exam fees now.
Thank you very much for your valuable Infomation

NOC6641

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
planningtogo said:
Hi,

Thanks,

When I was preparing my docs for the WORK PERMIT , IELTS was not in my check list either,Ajay is right,you know the girl in the embassy told me That I have to do IELTS as its a new rule.They come UP with new rules always,anyway you better get ready in advance In case If they ask you to do IELTS.

good luck!.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:
Can you provide official link? Does this apply only for live in caregiver category? Thanks in advance.
Hi Johnny,
This Profiency test in english is applicable for whole canada.
Dosent Matter What Job You Will Be working as.If your a foreigner You Have to take IELTS test & score minimum 5 points.
As for the offical link you can check in the forum IELTS .
:) :).

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
ajay93 said:
Hi Johnny,
This Profiency test in english is applicable for whole canada.
Dosent Matter What Job You Will Be working as.If your a foreigner You Have to take IELTS test & score minimum 5 points.
As for the offical link you can check in the forum IELTS .
:) :).
Hi ajay93, thanks for the answer. I've checked IELTS section but was unable to find the link, can you help me please? :)

musnianne

Sep 9, 2013
planningtogo said:
Thanks,

I took the test before but it's already expired. The embassy will just request for me to take the exam, is that right?
Hi there.... so ur also applying for work permit for LCP thru VFS? I think its better for you to take IELTS, it may not be required but preferrably u have it..=).... Did you received ur AOR already?