Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
You need to get the score to make you pass the total pass mark. You have a max of 16 points. But as I far I remember, there is no minimum.

Cheers

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As Mezo said u can get max of 16 and you need minimum that takes total score above 67 points

In some cases where applicants are under categor like 4131, I have seen VO expecting minimum 6 Band score though it is not officially required. The minimum requirement is one change that is suggested for upcoming changes

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
ankit_20 said:
As Mezo said u can get max of 16 and you need minimum that takes total score above 67 points

In some cases where applicants are under categor like 4131, I have seen VO expecting minimum 6 Band score though it is not officially required. The minimum requirement is one change that is suggested for upcoming changes
To avoid the rejection because of negative substitution rule, its better to have a IELTS score of at least band 6.

One also must remember that IELTS score is not just a requirement for PR but also a reflection on how better you will be able to communicate in Canada and thus how quickly you can establish yourself in that community.

Sapana

aafify

Mar 18, 2011
i want to ask a question about the proposed changes for the English language testing system, will they do it like Australia ,i.e. IELTS band score 8 will get 20, IELTS band score of 7 will get 10 points, while band score of 6 will get 0 points or they are going to keep on evaluating applicants according to each skill ,i.e. reading ,listening ,writing ,speaking individually ,if anyone have a useful information for the proposed changes ,please reply me back.
i have another question:
i have got my exam results & it was really applicable to me :
Listening: 8.
Reading: 7.5.
Speaking: 6.5.
Writing: 6 :(
Overall Band Score: 7.
if i wanted to apply to Australia, will i be treated as a band score 7 or 6????
as a huge difference between both of them on the points given.
do they mean by band score the overall or they mean each section individually.
i hope they don't do same thing & keep it individually as it is more comfortable for applicants.
My Points are now sufficient to pass the FSW pass mark.
i'm working as MWD engineer & i really don't know the NOC Code for my job whether it is NOC 8222 or 8232.
as my job description are applicable for both but most likely for 8232.