IELTS and work experience

jokus

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello...
Please enlighten me about the following:

1. Item 9 in Document Checklist Proof of Language Proficiency. It says that applicants are permitted to submit a copy of their language tests results with a new application only if the original tests results were submitted
with a previous Canadian Experience class application on or after June 26, 2010 and were not returned to the applicant. All copies of language test results must be accompanied by the photocopy of the refusal letter from CIC and an explanation that CIC retained and currently holds the original.

I was refused March 23, 2012 under CEC and all my documents were not returned to me and that includes my original IELTS result. My question is, do I need to submit new IELTS result with my new application even if CIC still have my original copy of old IELTS? Does the 2-year rule about IELTS expiration apply on this one?

2. Item 10 Work experience in Canada. Applicants who are authorized to work in Canada without a work permit are eligible to apply under Canadian Experience Class, but must provide documentation with their application establishing that they had legal temporary status in Canada during their period of qualifying work experience (e.g copy of a visitor record)

I came here August 2012 under low skilled category (LMO and WP). By April 2013 I was promoted as supervisor. My boss had a hard time getting me a new LMO under skilled category. To make the long story short, My boss got my positive LMO under skilled by August 2013. I got my new work permit December 2013. My question is, am I eligible to apply with my work experience from April 2013 or I will start from December 2013?

CEC will be my back up if I will get a negative response with my AINP-EDS.

Thank you. Any inputs is greatly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jokus said:
Hello...
Please enlighten me about the following:

1. Item 9 in Document Checklist Proof of Language Proficiency. It says that applicants are permitted to submit a copy of their language tests results with a new application only if the original tests results were submitted
with a previous Canadian Experience class application on or after June 26, 2010 and were not returned to the applicant. All copies of language test results must be accompanied by the photocopy of the refusal letter from CIC and an explanation that CIC retained and currently holds the original.

I was refused March 23, 2012 under CEC and all my documents were not returned to me and that includes my original IELTS result. My question is, do I need to submit new IELTS result with my new application even if CIC still have my original copy of old IELTS? Does the 2-year rule about IELTS expiration apply on this one?

2. Item 10 Work experience in Canada. Applicants who are authorized to work in Canada without a work permit are eligible to apply under Canadian Experience Class, but must provide documentation with their application establishing that they had legal temporary status in Canada during their period of qualifying work experience (e.g copy of a visitor record)

I came here August 2012 under low skilled category (LMO and WP). By April 2013 I was promoted as supervisor. My boss had a hard time getting me a new LMO under skilled category. To make the long story short, My boss got my positive LMO under skilled by August 2013. I got my new work permit December 2013. My question is, am I eligible to apply with my work experience from April 2013 or I will start from December 2013?

CEC will be my back up if I will get a negative response with my AINP-EDS.

Thank you. Any inputs is greatly appreciated.
1. You need a new IELTs the old one has expired.
2. You can only count the work experience as a supervisor from the date the work permit was issued.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi jokus,

PMM is right your IELTS is way past two years hence you can't use it anymore for immigration in canada.
if i am right i think you were a low skilled worker in the food industry and got promoted to a supervisor as of december 2013 if that is correct you do not qualify for CEC at all either now or coming december because it is one of CEC exempted NOCs.
your only chance is PNP,just wait for your nomination under the AINP semi-skilled category.

good luck.

jokus

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. You need a new IELTs the old one has expired.
2. You can only count the work experience as a supervisor from the date the work permit was issued.

Thank you.

jokus

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavisa13 said:
Hi jokus,

PMM is right your IELTS is way past two years hence you can't use it anymore for immigration in canada.
if i am right i think you were a low skilled worker in the food industry and got promoted to a supervisor as of december 2013 if that is correct you do not qualify for CEC at all either now or coming december because it is one of CEC exempted NOCs.
your only chance is PNP,just wait for your nomination under the AINP semi-skilled category.

good luck.
Hi.... Thank you for the input. I am not in the food industry. Mine is not included on those 6 exempted NOC's. (keeping my fingers cross that there's no more addition on those NOC's or much better if CEC will lift those NOC's)

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
jokus,

also keep in mind that you have breached the conditions of your work permit,you have worked illegal because you have a closed work permit which is tied you to one specific employer,specific location and specific OCCUPATION,you have worked in a different NOC then yours so if CIC find out you will be deported and banned from applying for any sort of canadian visas for at least 2 years.

jokus

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavisa13 said:
jokus,

also keep in mind that you have breached the conditions of your work permit,you have worked illegal because you have a closed work permit which is tied you to one specific employer,specific location and specific OCCUPATION,you have worked in a different NOC then yours so if CIC find out you will be deported and banned from applying for any sort of canadian visas for at least 2 years.
I forgot to mention on my previous post that I am working in 1 specific employer and same location since then until now. Anyway thank you Sir.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
yes but you have been working as a supervisor since april 2013 and your work permit was not issued till december 2013 so you worked for a position different then the one implied in your work permit,if you mention that in your work permit not only you will be refused PR but you will be deported and banned from canada for a period of time.

jokus

Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavisa13 said:
yes but you have been working as a supervisor since april 2013 and your work permit was not issued till december 2013 so you worked for a position different then the one implied in your work permit,if you mention that in your work permit not only you will be refused PR but you will be deported and banned from canada for a period of time.
That scares me. But I'll double check with CIC. Thank you though.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jokus said:
That scares me. But I'll double check with CIC. Thank you though.
There's nothing to check. You were working illegally as a supervisor from April until your new work permit was issued in December. You can't count the experience from April to December since the work was illegal.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
jokus said:
I forgot to mention on my previous post that I am working in 1 specific employer and same location since then until now. Anyway thank you Sir.
I agree with the other posters. Employer and Location are just 2 of the conditions, the others being Job/Profession and Dates. Compare your old and new WPs and see if this entry (Profession) are different.

I dunno about the rest, but one workaround is to formally state your promotion after you got the latest WP. The difference in salaries, if any, can simply be explained as an increase. Just rescind or amend your old contract.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
scylla said:
There's nothing to check. You were working illegally as a supervisor from April until your new work permit was issued in December. You can't count the experience from April to December since the work was illegal.
This is probably right. Even though you remained with the same employer at the same location, you had a pretty fundamental job position change when you became a supervisor at April 2013, which is more like a managerial position. In you PR application, you should try to make it look like you remained in the same position until you got a new work permit in Dec 2013. This should enhance your chance of getting PR. At the very least it gets rid of undesirable confusion.