+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS and transcripts

Billa Srikar

Jun 29, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have been selected for PhD program at McGill. I have completed my nonsds application on 12th May. I chose nonsds because I haven't given IELTS exam never in past, didn't pay the tution fee because I will be getting a scholarship for my PhD studies which covers the tution and living expenses and also I didn't open an GIC account.
Apart from this, I forgot to upload the transcripts in my nonsds application in the client information section.

By not submitting IELTS and transcripts will effect my approval or during the scrutiny of my application. For your information I have already raised one webform request for updating the upfront medical on my GC key account. If I raise one more webform for sending my transcripts will cause rejection of my application or will it cause a delay in processing?

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No amount of webforms can negatively impact your application. Send your transcripts via webform asap. As long as you provided proof of scholarship enough to cover your tuition and expenses, you should be fine.

Congratulations on your PhD admission to McGill - it's a great achievement.

Billa Srikar

Jun 29, 2021
No amount of webforms can negatively impact your application. Send your transcripts via webform asap. As long as you provided proof of scholarship enough to cover your tuition and expenses, you should be fine.

Congratulations on your PhD admission to McGill - it's a great achievement.
Thank you for the quick response.
Is IELTS mandatory? Please let me know

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you for the quick response.
Is IELTS mandatory? Please let me know
Depends on where you are from. If you are from India, then yes as they have recently made it mandatory for both SDS and non-SDS.

Not to give you false hope, but you have been admitted into what is probably the best school in Canada to pursue the highest degree - your chances of approval is probably one of the best I've seen (provided your acceptance is unconditional and they are not worried about you not having enough funds or being a criminal).

If VO still requires you to submit an IELTS, they will send you an ADR for it. All the best.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Bangalore

Once you open the link, above Enquiry you will find it. Which says, "please do not use this form more than once"
No, it doesn't say do not use more than once. It says "Please do not submit this form more than once." That is a standard instruction on most online forms. it means don't attempt to submit the same info more than once so that the same info doesn't get sent multiple times.

Where does that indicate that it will cause rejection??

puneet sharma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Bangalore

Once you open the link, above Enquiry you will find it. Which says, "please do not use this form more than once"
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have been selected for PhD program at McGill. I have completed my nonsds application on 12th May. I chose nonsds because I haven't given IELTS exam never in past, didn't pay the tution fee because I will be getting a scholarship for my PhD studies which covers the tution and living expenses and also I didn't open an GIC account.
Apart from this, I forgot to upload the transcripts in my nonsds application in the client information section.

By not submitting IELTS and transcripts will effect my approval or during the scrutiny of my application. For your information I have already raised one webform request for updating the upfront medical on my GC key account. If I raise one more webform for sending my transcripts will cause rejection of my application or will it cause a delay in processing?

Please help me. Thank you in advance.
Bro mai know your qualifications and percentage

Kul1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hello, not related.

But can you tell how you secured PhD in McGill University.
It can help me.