+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS and TEF Study Plan and need advice...

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,
I need your advice about both tests the TEF Canada and IELTS, to get the most out of and achieve a good level at both of them, so

I really need advice about TEF Canada test, I made a lot of search, but I couldn't find specific plan to learn french for TEF Canada test,
I have two study plans
1) thinking to start off with alphabet, Michel Thomas French (Foundation and Advanced), FSI Phonology, then move to FSI French Basic, vocabulary book (like Langensheidt Grundwortschatz), and Routledge Modern French Grammar A Practical Guide, then move to TEF textbooks to know more about the test's format...
2) or should I follow the standard plan to study Edito (A1, A2, B1, B2) textbooks -instead of FSI Basic - with essentiel and progressive books for vocabulary, grammar, and phonology??

and I have another question here: Should I study also for business french or just the general french?

and for IELTS (General Training), I also have two study plans:
1) Study Longman Side by Side (four books), Longman Word by Word, Longman English Grammar by Azar (first two books: Basic and Fundamentals) to get a general look and review of the language then move to study Pearson Market leader, Cambridge Business Vocabulary in Use, Oxford Idioms and Phrasal verbs (two books), and three books about (Business Emails, Presenting, Communicating in Business)..
2) or should I just work on the general English textbooks, I mean something like Oxford Solutions or Heinle Outcomes then prepare for the test... (of course supplement them with Oxford Word Skills and Oxford English Grammar Course)...

Sorry for the long post, and I really wish to know your advice about both tests, Thanks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Michelle Mugarn

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am in Toronto and planning to learn French. Can u please suggest best learning institutes. Thank you

titititi

Oct 12, 2019
Hello,
I need your advice about both tests the TEF Canada and IELTS, to get the most out of and achieve a good level at both of them, so

I really need advice about TEF Canada test, I made a lot of search, but I couldn't find specific plan to learn french for TEF Canada test,
I have two study plans
1) thinking to start off with alphabet, Michel Thomas French (Foundation and Advanced), FSI Phonology, then move to FSI French Basic, vocabulary book (like Langensheidt Grundwortschatz), and Routledge Modern French Grammar A Practical Guide, then move to TEF textbooks to know more about the test's format...
2) or should I follow the standard plan to study Edito (A1, A2, B1, B2) textbooks -instead of FSI Basic - with essentiel and progressive books for vocabulary, grammar, and phonology??

and I have another question here: Should I study also for business french or just the general french?

and for IELTS (General Training), I also have two study plans:
1) Study Longman Side by Side (four books), Longman Word by Word, Longman English Grammar by Azar (first two books: Basic and Fundamentals) to get a general look and review of the language then move to study Pearson Market leader, Cambridge Business Vocabulary in Use, Oxford Idioms and Phrasal verbs (two books), and three books about (Business Emails, Presenting, Communicating in Business)..
2) or should I just work on the general English textbooks, I mean something like Oxford Solutions or Heinle Outcomes then prepare for the test... (of course supplement them with Oxford Word Skills and Oxford English Grammar Course)...

Sorry for the long post, and I really wish to know your advice about both tests, Thanks!!
i took both and i van ell you that all depends on your current knowledge, after reaching a specific level you need to work on exam materials on each of these two exams.