+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS AFTER LANDING

Sep 23, 2018
I will be landing in January 2019.
My General IELTS score is 8.5 overall. If I want to pursue my Masters in Canada, considering I am a PR - would I have to take academic IELTS or not?

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
My General IELTS score is 8.5 overall. If I want to pursue my Masters in Canada, considering I am a PR - would I have to take academic IELTS or not?
I think IELTS is only for international students. Considering you are PR I don't think that would be a requirement.

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Every University has their own requirements, and I think they specifically state "Language Requirements" in their admission pages. You need to visit their websites to get to know more about their admission process and requirements. AFAIK, most universities will ask for "Academic IELTS" results if you are not from a English speaking country (the list of countries will be present on their website as well).

The fee (tuition etc.) however would be very less for Citizens/Permanent Residents compared to international applicants.

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
If you are landing here as permanent resident then I don't think they will ask for IELTS it's for international student .

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
You have to take IELTS Academic if your previous education is not from English speaking country. Exemptions may be given by the institution depending on case to case but I dont think that exemption can be given for Master’s degree. Rest you have to contact university where you want to study as every university has its own rules.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Quick and efficient way would be to contact the concerned Uni for which you are planning to apply for your Masters and get the opinion/suggestion directly from them. This way, unwanted confusions can be removed for good. Good luck.