+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS about to expire after Ontario nomination

shan1223

Jul 24, 2019
Hello everyone!

I finally got my Ontario nomination yesterday and I have accepted it. Now waiting for the ITA.

I had taken my IELTS test on October 14, 2017, and it is nearing two years now. I understand that the certificate has to be valid on the date I receive AOR (Am I right?). I am not sure if I will be able to get all my Police clearance and medical tests done by 14th Oct 2019. I have two questions:

It appears I may need to re-take my IELTS for my main PR application.

1) Do I need to indicate to Ontario on my new test results that I am going to re-take?
2) Should I accept or reject the ITA at this point? (Until I have my new test results)
3) What will happen if I accept the ITA, but before I submit my application, my IELTS expires?

What is the best course of action you would suggest? Thank you

gayanj40

Apr 3, 2017
I have this exact issue. Got my nomination approved on 4th Oct and my IELTS will expire on 28th Oct. :(

Since PNP nomination is valid for 6 months I think it's best to reject ITA and do IELTS again just to be on the safe side. That is my plan.
Plus the next draw will most likely be on 16th Oct (2 weeks from previous draw on Oct 2nd), so in your case even before you get ITA your IELTS would have expired. So the best thing is to reject ITA.

Take a look at this thread about declining ITA - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/declining-an-express-entry-ita.376299/

shan1223

Jul 24, 2019
I have this exact issue. Got my nomination approved on 4th Oct and my IELTS will expire on 28th Oct. :(

Since PNP nomination is valid for 6 months I think it's best to reject ITA and do IELTS again just to be on the safe side. That is my plan.
Plus the next draw will most likely be on 16th Oct (2 weeks from previous draw on Oct 2nd), so in your case even before you get ITA your IELTS would have expired. So the best thing is to reject ITA.

Take a look at this thread about declining ITA - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/declining-an-express-entry-ita.376299/
Actually I believe no need to reject the ITA, you can do IELTS quickly and also get scores before the 60 day window.

gayanj40

Apr 3, 2017
Actually I believe no need to reject the ITA, you can do IELTS quickly and also get scores before the 60 day window.
Thinking about it again, I think you are right. I might just quickly get IELTS done and apply within the 60 day window. :)

femi10

Jul 13, 2019
Hello everyone!

I finally got my Ontario nomination yesterday and I have accepted it. Now waiting for the ITA.

I had taken my IELTS test on October 14, 2017, and it is nearing two years now. I understand that the certificate has to be valid on the date I receive AOR (Am I right?). I am not sure if I will be able to get all my Police clearance and medical tests done by 14th Oct 2019. I have two questions:

It appears I may need to re-take my IELTS for my main PR application.

1) Do I need to indicate to Ontario on my new test results that I am going to re-take?
2) Should I accept or reject the ITA at this point? (Until I have my new test results)
3) What will happen if I accept the ITA, but before I submit my application, my IELTS expires?

What is the best course of action you would suggest? Thank you
Hello, I have the same issue now, how did you go about yours? Was your new IELTS score lower than your previous one? If yes, did it affect in any way??