+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 8th July 2017

Maston

Jul 10, 2017
In the first section, I wrote square instead of round, and barbecue instead of heater
11-13, string, shade, spoon. 14-17, snow peas -attract birds, lettuce - colorful, cherry tomatoes - easiest to grow, sunflower - grows rapidly
18-20, bird, night, roses
21-25 - agree, I wrote BACCB(the last one maybe even A)
26-30 I wrote BABCA
In 4th section completely agree, I missed the last one which was the season, I wrote quality

Did you take general reading? (1 section - Australian band in Sydney, the list of websites; 2nd - about travel expenses, applying for job; 3rd - building bridges)
I completely missed the part about snow peas attracting birds, it does make sense though. I took the academic reading (Invention of the motor bus, Dairy stores and Pterosaurs)

Maston

Jul 10, 2017
Academic Reading.
Passage 1
was about the invention of the motor bus. 1-7 were headings. I remember picking i, iii, iv, v, viii, x.
8-13 were Yes, No, or Not given. I remember answering NG, Y, NG, Y, N, Y. Can't recall the statements exactly.
Passage 2
was about the dairy stores in New Zealand. 14-17 were questions about which paragraph contained certain statements (an example of fictional mentions of the dairy store - paragraph 1, types of stores that competed with the dairy and types of stores the dairy put out of business - paragraph 3 and 4, also another statement that I can't remember).
18-19, which statements were mentioned in the passage? Dairy stores exist everywhere in one shape or form, their popularity and success have gone up and down. 20-21 reasons why people open diary stores? Require comparatively low resources to open, the elderly ensure demand. (There was another statement about how they employ both men and women that might've been the answer instead of the first one). 22-26 fill in the blanks ( Wage, university, history, cleaning, specialities)
Passage 3 was about Pterosaurs. Started with choosing a missing word ( Fish, reptiles, strength, hind legs, hair). There were also 4 Yes or no questions that I can't recall. Then there were questions about choosing the correct statement (the Pteroid bone increased the span of the front wing, it enabled the Pterosaur to glide rather than fly, and another one about how the scientist couldn't build a model with a functioning head for steering). Finally there was a question about what "it" referred to in the passage (the scientist's ambition to build robotic models)

Does anyone remember it differently??

Reactions: Cordelia

Cordelia

Jul 10, 2017
Academic Reading.
Passage 1
was about the invention of the motor bus. 1-7 were headings. I remember picking i, iii, iv, v, viii, x.
8-13 were Yes, No, or Not given. I remember answering NG, Y, NG, Y, N, Y. Can't recall the statements exactly.
Passage 2
was about the dairy stores in New Zealand. 14-17 were questions about which paragraph contained certain statements (an example of fictional mentions of the dairy store - paragraph 1, types of stores that competed with the dairy and types of stores the dairy put out of business - paragraph 3 and 4, also another statement that I can't remember).
18-19, which statements were mentioned in the passage? Dairy stores exist everywhere in one shape or form, their popularity and success have gone up and down. 20-21 reasons why people open diary stores? Require comparatively low resources to open, the elderly ensure demand. (There was another statement about how they employ both men and women that might've been the answer instead of the first one). 22-26 fill in the blanks ( Wage, university, history, cleaning, specialities)
Passage 3 was about Pterosaurs. Started with choosing a missing word ( Fish, reptiles, strength, hind legs, hair). There were also 4 Yes or no questions that I can't recall. Then there were questions about choosing the correct statement (the Pteroid bone increased the span of the front wing, it enabled the Pterosaur to glide rather than fly, and another one about how the scientist couldn't build a model with a functioning head for steering). Finally there was a question about what "it" referred to in the passage (the scientist's ambition to build robotic models)

I think was front legs(3rd passage) , grocery(2nd passage (
And No for the first passage

jeevancheema

Mar 29, 2017
Academic Reading.
Passage 1
Passage 2

I have doubt in question 22 to 26 can anyone tell perfect answers

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Your 1-20 seems to match mine.
23 - cheaper parking on the left side( Please what option was this A OR B)

26-30 BBCAA (Not sure though)

31-40
Coffee
Diamonds
Obesity
Economical
Milk/Fruit (which do u think was correct). I chose milk though
Gift
Perception
Season
26-30 was a tricky...

Fruit is the correct answer. Good Luck

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
here you go guys, i compiled it.
if you like the post,do click the like button below !

1-10

1. telephone number: 077876345

2. address: Arkendale

3. date of shipping arrival: 27 th February

4. lost: 10 paintings

5. mirror in a golden frame

6. a whole box of books

7. an old desk which was made of wood

8. a Chinese gift of a plate

9. desk and chairs: the leg is broken

10. total value to be claimed is: $3450

11. What did the message say about the shuttle bus?

:B. It takes longer time.

12. What does the message say about the bus?

:C. no suitable bus stop

13. How to go to the hotel after arrival?

:B. Get off at the third stop by taking subway

14. What did T tell Jane about the ticket?

:C. She can use the ticket for both leave and return.

15-20
15. Lincoln Avenue--A

16. Hall--B

17. Taxi pick-up point--

18. Bus stop--I

19. Cafe--D

20. Restaurant--G

Penny and Cosmo discuss about Bio courses

21~25
21. Why did penny study three-years placement: research focus

22. Why did penny choose this university: good record of employment

23. Cosmo worried that he has studied in wrong subject

24. Cosmo wanted to study aboard: broaden his horizon

25. Postpone of choosing course: because can do laboratory research first

26~30

26. students in other subjects coming to this course

27. mainly online

28. most popular course of all options

29. assessed by laboratory report

30. explore academic research background

31-35

Primitive measuring method:

31. Sun’s position (less important)

32. animals’ behaviors

33. Accuracy time needed to organise activities for: religion

34. government

35. North Africa

36-40

36. varies at different times of the year

37. pressure and temperature

38. sandglasses

39. the time duration was limited

40. the rate of burning time is subject to the candles wax
Guys I have a question here part 3 had 6 questions with choose type and 4 select from many type not 5:5. Also it seems I have chosen same answers for 27-30 so did anyone agree / disagree with this answer this will greatly help thanks. Finally I have written only Animals instead of animal behaviour will it still be considered correct please let me know your views.

Dhiaan

Jul 11, 2017
Hi All,

I have some answers for General Reading.

Section 2:

1. Whom should you contact : Line manager
2: in case of stationary request: department head
3. Employee should consider while booking hotel on own: 3 start hotel
4. already negotiated by company: frequently visited areas

Section 2:

1. which position: Permanent
2. what organization will give: feedback:
3. what not to use while in store: email
4. What to produce as a proof of living: utility bill
5. when confirmation received by employee, employee will go under : some...exercises.

Section 3:

Multiple questions:

2. Author is not sure about his capabilities
3. All labor
4. Community should be engaged

fill in the blanks:

1. steel ...
2. pedestrian walk

I dont remember all but these are the ones which were there in exams.

Reactions: virendrak

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
27-30 seems to be correct answer...can you tell me about section 2 (question 11-20) which includes map and multiple choice...plz share your answers..especially map...thanks

Dhiaan

Jul 11, 2017
Please share general reading answers if anyone remembered that took place in India on 08July, i have shared mine, i dont remember all, but still tried to manage some.

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
GT reading (08/07/2017)...

Few other answers:
section 2
1. for more than how many years candidate doesn't need to provide details: 7 years
Section 3
1. people viewpoint: Positive

Dhiaan

Jul 11, 2017
GT reading (08/07/2017)...

Few other answers:
section 2
1. for more than how many years candidate doesn't need to provide details: 7 years
Section 3
1. people viewpoint: Positive

True/False/Not given:

1. Hazel was the one who started some.... :False
2. they adapted hall for their first production: True
3. 1953, drama was produced in variety of location: True
4. It was performed in Australia on public demnad: not given
5. season took for 5 weeks: false
6. renovation had been completed to the hall when inaugrated by Mayor: false
7. hall needed only for temporary basis: false