+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 8th July 2017

Oleg_UA

Jul 10, 2017
In 14-17 there were cherry tomatoes also. But, I do not remember answers. And, I guess, sunflower - the one which attracts birds...

mansham.bhargava

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
23 - cheaper parking on the left side - no easy access to south = here were different questions, probably 22 & 23
26-30 BABCA - do u hv the questions? cant remember the answers = I just remember that here was about statements, who agree: Professor, student or both of them

14-17 - don't remember:
snow peas - attract birds, lettuces - colorful, sunflower - grown rapidly, the last one I forgot - do you remember your answers?[/QUOT
Hey bro,

Nice work... but I guess the last one is Disappear instead of wax.....Rest looks quiet good ... great work....

Any body has the reading answers ????
What was the answer of 40th, disappear or disappears ??

edah

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hİ,

May I ask you if the 2 below answers would be correct?
in section 2 I wrote STRINGS instead of STRING and in last section I wrote FRUITS instead of FRUIT, do you think both plural and singulars could have been used there ?

edah

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks

23 - I don't remember exactly, probably A or C

Milk/Fruit - he was talking about liters and kilograms, 3 kilos of fruit have been wasted every year, the right answer is fruit
Could we wrote it in plural also ?

AraAra

Jul 9, 2017
Hİ,

May I ask you if the 2 below answers would be correct?
in section 2 I wrote STRINGS instead of STRING and in last section I wrote FRUITS instead of FRUIT, do you think both plural and singulars could have been used there ?
both plural and singular form are acceptable if they had been mentioned in the recording.In this case, both string and fruit were in singulars form. I don't remember whether they have been mentioned once again later in the script.

Maston

Jul 10, 2017
1-10, in no particular order, phone number, husband, 40, 8 am, round, heater, silver, plastic, large, ice.
11-13, string, shade, spoon. 14-17, snow peas - popular with children, lettuce - colorful, cherry tomatoes - easiest to grow, sunflower - grows rapidly
18-20, bird, night, roses
20-25, don't remember them well, but as mentioned previously, growing population, cheaper parking in south side, encourages people to leave cars at home, are among the answers. There was another question about a rather unsightly bridge that John mentioned as an example, I answered that it reduced traffic. Can't remember that last one.
26-30, was the most difficult part of the test for me. The topic was about traffic tolls, Answers were either A (John), B (Professor), C (Both of them).
The statements were as follows, tolls are necessary, people should know where their money is spent, tolls are environmentally friendly, a previous model of tolls didn't work well, and tolls reduce traffic jams. I answered B, C, B, C, A. The first 2 answers and the last one seemed true to me, but not sure about the the 3rd and 4th one.
31-40, in no particular order, coffee, diamonds, phone, obesity, economical, reduction, gift, perception, season, fruit.

What about the reading test? Anyone remembers some answers?

Last edited:

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
1-10, in no particular order, phone number, husband, 40, 8 am, round, heater, silver, plastic, large, ice.
11-13, string, shade, spoon. 14-17, snow peas - popular with children, lettuce - colorful, cherry tomatoes - easiest to grow, sunflower - grows rapidly
20-25, don't remember them well, but as mentioned previously, growing population, cheaper parking in south side, encourages people to leave cars at home, are among the answers. There was another question about a rather unsightly bridge that John mentioned as an example, I answered that it reduced traffic. Can't remember that last one.
26-30, was the most difficult part of the test for me. The topic was about traffic tolls, Answers were either A (John), B (Professor), C (Both of them).
The statements were as follows, tolls are necessary, people should know where their money is spent, tolls are environmentally friendly, a previous model of tolls didn't work well, and tolls reduce traffic jams. I answered B, C, B, C, A. The first 2 answers and the last one seemed true to me, but not sure about the the 3rd and 4th one.
31-40, in no particular order, coffee, diamonds, phone, obesity, economical, reduction, gift, perception, season, fruit.

Nice job!. Your 1- 13, 18-20 tally with mine. I am not sure of 14 & 15, but 16 and 17, colourful and grows rapidly. I cant remember 20-25 too. I missed the "gift" part , wrote savings instead, but do you remember the statement for Season and reduction? I cant even remeber them

AraAra

Jul 9, 2017

In the first section, I wrote square instead of round, and barbecue instead of heater
11-13, string, shade, spoon. 14-17, snow peas -attract birds, lettuce - colorful, cherry tomatoes - easiest to grow, sunflower - grows rapidly
21-25 - agree, I wrote BACCB(the last one maybe even A)
26-30 I wrote BABCA
In 4th section completely agree, I missed the last one which was the season, I wrote quality

Did you take general reading? (1 section - Australian band in Sydney, the list of websites; 2nd - about travel expenses, applying for job; 3rd - building bridges)

Oleg_UA

Jul 10, 2017
My listening answers are very close to yours. But, for the question about sunflower, I answered "attract birds". Firstly because insects were mentioned, secondly because they really attract birds. But, the correct answer may differ :(

Oleg_UA

Jul 10, 2017
Guys, were all of you told to write Listening and Reading answers in pencil? Why was it? Does anybody know? Just curious.

AraAra

Jul 9, 2017
Guys, were all of you told to write Listening and Reading answers in pencil? Why was it? Does anybody know? Just curious.
Because robot assesing the listening and reading can't recognise answers which have been written by pen

Maston

Jul 10, 2017
Nice job!. Your 1- 13, 18-20 tally with mine. I am not sure of 14 & 15, but 16 and 17, colourful and grows rapidly. I cant remember 20-25 too. I missed the "gift" part , wrote savings instead, but do you remember the statement for Season and reduction? I cant even remeber them
I vaguely remember the statement for reduction, I think it was about how people save up money and then opt for a reduced price for products, not sure though. The statement for "Season" was the last in the test and it was about how the demand and sales for products change. Seasonal change was mentioned first as an obvious factor but they also said that it might be affected by quality and price.