+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 7th April - Preparations - Answer Comparison - Result Discussion

Amirmahdi

Apr 7, 2018
Hi I gave my exam in LA today. The reading last section - True/False/Not Given - was one that I found most challenging. What is your opinion on the same?
If you are talking about the first part of reading that was about Mobile Garbage Bins, same here, it was really tricky!
I have posted my answers on page 2 or 3 of this thread, take a look and let me know what you think?

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
The ques was

The ques was MGB will be picked up before 7am. But the para said keep the MGB outside at 7am for pickup. Hence I wrote false. Thinking pick up will be post 7 and not before 7..
I scored 8.5 in reading ,and in my opinion it is not given .picking up and keeping are two different things .for false question should be contradicting the information in paragraph and for true the information should be same .From my perspective it is clearly not given

Amirmahdi

Apr 7, 2018
I scored 8.5 in reading ,and in my opinion it is not given .picking up and keeping are two different things .for false question should be contradicting the information in paragraph and for true the information should be same .From my perspective it is clearly not given
I agree!

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
I accept it. But i think it contradicts. Cos para said keep it out at 7am on the collection day . Doesn't it imply pick up is after 7am. but question said pick up is before 7am. Hence I wrote false. (My point of view).

Reactions: akum123

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
My friend said it was in question (before 7 )
Paragraph (by 7. Not (at 7)
This,it cannot be false in any sense as (by) and (before) are quite same in meaning .either it could be true or not given .however , the subject is totally different (picking up and keeping ) .so,it is not given

I could be wrong

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
I accept it. But i think it contradicts. Cos para said keep it out at 7am on the collection day . Doesn't it imply pick up is after 7am. but question said pick up is before 7am. Hence I wrote false. (My point of view).
It was before and by (if it was at then certainly it is false )

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
How about those about businesses and requiring special permission to do ...... ?
Weren't both NOT GIVEN?
I couldn't find any info on those last two questions!
Required special permission was true - second last para it was mentioned... Special permission needed for keeping ur wastage in neighbour's MGB and for uaing garbage bags....

Business one was Not Given...

Reactions: mattCanada01

sidi5505

Aug 3, 2017
How about those about businesses and requiring special permission to do ...... ?
Weren't both NOT GIVEN?
MGBs can only be used for domestic non recyclable waste so false for businesses

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
My friend said it was in question (before 7 )
Paragraph (by 7. Not (at 7)
This,it cannot be false in any sense as (by) and (before) are quite same in meaning .either it could be true or not given .however , the subject is totally different (picking up and keeping ) .so,it is not given

I could be wrong
Maybe maybe not.. let's see.. but doesn't "by "mean at. I mean it definitely not before. So by 7 means at 7 that's what I understood. Also for false and
Required special permission was true - second last para it was mentioned... Special permission needed for keeping ur wastage in neighbour's MGB and for uaing garbage bags....

Business one was Not Given...
Yup this is what I wrote as well.

Ameraze

Apr 8, 2018
Weren't both NOT GIVEN?
In my opinion, in the last paragraph it was given that MGBs is a must for every property, and businesses can also be present in those properties, which means they do not require special permission which is False. I could be wrong though.

Amirmahdi

Apr 7, 2018
Would someone help here please?

Height requirement instead of Height. is that correct?

Doctor or union representative?

Law or Holiday for full-time workers?

By 7 was the first question? or the second?

your characteristics or emotional characteristics?

Thank you guys

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Would someone help here please?

Height requirement instead of Height. is that correct?

Doctor or union representative?

Law or Holiday for full-time workers?

By 7 was the first question? or the second?

your characteristics or emotional characteristics?

Thank you guys
I think height requirement will be fine cos it was no more than two words.

I wrote it as union representative cos the ques said at first instance.

I chose Law option as nothing over there said it was for full time or part time workers. Plus it had the holiday act

I think by 7 was the second ques.

Last one I wrote emotional characterstics not able to recall the exact ques so not sure if your or emotional is a better option let's hope both..