+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6th January 2018 answer key

bigas

Jul 19, 2017
Dear All,

Can some one please advise how much should i score in IELTS for PNP.
I have graduated from a university from India and post graduation from University of wales UK.
Total 7+ years of full time Work experience in UK and Dubai from MNC Companies.

Can someone please advise from your experiences ,thanks in advance.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Dear All,

I have graduated from a university from India and post graduation from University of wales UK.

You can try to calculate using cic calculator. Just google it.
If your score come out to be 440+ then you can get ITA directly. For PNP scores need to be above 400 and it is open just for few months.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Got my result from BC yesterday and I was literally shocked after seeing this.

L-7.5
R-7
S-7
W-5.5

This was my second attempt and wrote essay much better then last time.
In first attempt, didn't prepare much and got 6 in Writing but this time, had include example related to topic, used vocabulary, advanced grammar tense and still got 5.5.

This is really frustrating. This is all money making strategy of Cambridge and British council. If you guys are really trained professionals then you will be able to understand that this marking is totally inappropriate. Even I m claiming that last time I wasn't better in writing still got 6 BAND then there must be flaws in your system.

Should I go for reval?
Seniors please suggest..

Thanks
I would suggest don't go for reval as difference is huge. It is impossible to get 1.5 band increase for writing.
Also you lack 0.5 band for listening as well. And there is never any band increase for listening and reading modules.
Rechecking wont be appropriate for you. Just forget about this result and start preparing for upcoming exams.I also believe that BC people might be faking scores but have heard about 6.5's in writing and speaking. Yours is different case. All the best!

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Dear All,

Score 8 or above in Listening, Reading/Writing/Speaking 7 or above. That should help you get points.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
My results are
L 7.5
W 6.5
R 6.5
S 7

I am planning to take IELTS again. I have tried BC now, how good is IDP over BC?

Need valuable inputs .....
I would suggest go for IDP. They are far quicker even in reval results. So if by chance you lack required scores,you can get back reval results really quick.

Reactions: rsmon and Chinkri

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
My results are
L 7.5
W 6.5
R 6.5
S 7

I am planning to take IELTS again. I have tried BC now, how good is IDP over BC?

Need valuable inputs .....
I used a lot of youtube IELTS videos to improve on my vocabulary and grammar. Then used Cambridge IELTS tests in exam conditions to help me stay focused and work out my errors.

Key to success is to improve upon your listening skills, vocabulary, and grammar. Then understand the key ideas behind writing your letter and essay. This is with reference to GT IELTS from BC. After couple of months of practice and understanding each section of the test, I could get L:9, R: 8.5, S:7.5, W:7.5. Expected to do well in S but it didn't happen. W is always a challenge.

Reactions: Chinkri

rsmon

Jan 19, 2018
I would suggest go for IDP. They are far quicker even in reval results. So if by chance you lack required scores,you can get back reval results really quick.
Even I'm thinking of shifting from BC to IDP. I really doubt about the scores I'm getting. I took ielts twice and both the times I got 6.5 in writing in spite of practising more the second time. I really hate that this exam costs so much else I'd have been ok taking this exam again.

People out there who have taken ielts with IDP what do you think? are they fair in giving good scores in writing?

nitishmn

Nov 2, 2017
Checked online and got the score. Thanks to all forum members. I lost in writting because of that grave misunderstanding mistake.
L9 R9 S7.5 W6.5
:(
Can you please share listening and reading answers if you remember. It would help others for next exam.

Chinkri

Jan 19, 2018
I used a lot of youtube IELTS videos to improve on my vocabulary and grammar. Then used Cambridge IELTS tests in exam conditions to help me stay focused and work out my errors.

Key to success is to improve upon your listening skills, vocabulary, and grammar. Then understand the key ideas behind writing your letter and essay. This is with reference to GT IELTS from BC. After couple of months of practice and understanding each section of the test, I could get L:9, R: 8.5, S:7.5, W:7.5. Expected to do well in S but it didn't happen. W is always a challenge.
Thanks, i will work on all areas to boost my scores.

Thanks for the advise and I will go for IDP.

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Congrats for the perfect scores! As substantial number of candidates are still waiting for their results to be released, many, including myself, are contemplating whether to wait or re-sit the test. Can you take a moment to correct the following listening answers so that we could estimate what we might get in that part of the test?

Listening test on 6th January, 2018:
Thanks. I took the exam in US. From your answers, I can see that our question papers were totally different.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I got
L=8.00,
R=8.00,
W=7.50,
S=7.00,
Enough to get my score to 438 in my EE profile, thinking of getting my spouse to give IELTS and hoping to get aroung 450 points which should be good.
I went through Barrons IELTS material which is good to help you understand the concept of the exam. Also watched Youtube tips from Emma. And to increase my vocab, installed Knudge.me app on my phone to get various new words everyday to understand and learn.
Fingers crossed for everything. Best of luck guys.

PS: IELTS Exams fee is increasing from April 2018 to 13100 INR.