+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6th January 2018 answer key

SHABAM

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder if any one has an idea about if our writing is marked within regional offices or marked locally in BC or IDP ?
I guess it is marked locally thats why if we do remark, it takes about 8 weeks because they are sending the papers to a senior IELTS examiner in Cambridge!

Any idea ?

Naw

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
@Asmasohail
Im getting back to u as promised.
I called the BC and all they had to say:
Results are delayed all over the world,they don’t know the real reason behind it.Plus the customer service guy asked me to call back after 4 pm today if the grades are still not accessible online and they will give more information.
Surprisingly after calling, i received the ‘your results are being withheld email’.
Let’s stay positive and hope for the best!!!
Guys I was thinking of booking the feb 1st exam what do u think? Should i wait or book it already!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I wonder if any one has an idea about if our writing is marked within regional offices or marked locally in BC or IDP ?
I guess it is marked locally thats why if we do remark, it takes about 8 weeks because they are sending the papers to a senior IELTS examiner in Cambridge!

Any idea ?
it could also be because getting your paper reevaluated isn't in their list of priorities. Simply put, you are telling them you could have made a mistake!

Reactions: Naw

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
@Asmasohail
Results are delayed all over the world,they don’t know the real reason behind it.Plus the customer service guy asked me to call back after 4 pm today if the grades are still not accessible online and they will give more information.
Surprisingly after calling, i received the ‘your results are being withheld email’.
let is stay positive and hope for the best!!!
Guys I was thinking of booking the feb 1st exam what do u think? Should i wait or book it already!
someone needs to pin posts on this thread. People are asking and discussing the same things a million times. It's a routine check, that's it. IELTS does it from time to time to make sure nothing's amiss.

Reactions: Asmasohail and Naw

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
someone needs to pin posts on this thread. People are asking and discussing the same things a million times. It's a routine check, that's it. IELTS does it from time to time to make sure nothing's amiss.
Exactly. There’s nothing to worry. And I don’t think they will take more than a week or 10 days. As I had mentioned earlier, 16 Dec test results were withheld in UAE and eventually released after 10 days keeping in view that there were new year holidays in between.
The delay is frustrating for all of us but let’s wait a while longer. Whatever is happening at back end is of no concern to us.

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
@Asmasohail
Let’s stay positive and hope for the best!!!
Thanks alot! I got the withheld email on 18th!
All the best!

Reactions: Naw

SHABAM

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks alot! I got the withheld email on 18th!
All the best!
I was on hold once before with BC Riyadh and I just revised my email history. They released my previous results after 2 weeks of hold.

Hope they release the 6 Jan result soon.

GeetaLSharma

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Finally, I managed to get the required score.

Speaking: 8 (My previous attempts were better at 8.5 but not this time)
Writing: 7.5 (Again, used to be at 8..0 but not this time)
Listening: 9 ( Was 8.5 previously and I am happy with the 9.0 that I got this time)
Reading: 9 ( went from 6.5 to 9 this time!!)
Lots of congratulations..u appeared on 6th dec?received d result on time..also was this your 2nd attempt

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
congrats again. I took ielts twice and scored 7.5 in listening at both. Any tips for listening ?
Javid,

I prepared using the following materials
1) https://www.ieltspractice.com/ - This is an excellent resource to prepare for all the 4 sections. Their Writing tips are like a cheat sheet to score a lot with sample tips on complex structures and how to use them for various situations. The only pitfall is that I ignored the actual exam papers that they have for each section which eventually lead to my poor reading score in my first attempt.
2) After completing all the 4 modules in #1, I practiced using the IELTS 1 to 12 books. I started from level 8 directly but you can start from lower levels if you want to gain confidence. Everyday, I took two exams that included both listening and reading. In parallel, I was attempting all the listening tests posted in youtube in the following channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgELCOfrcYA9jWF4TOJUnQ
3) Apart from this, I got the IELTS UPGRADE 8 book that they provide for people registering in India. This should be your final practice for listening. It includes complex map and multiple choice question types for listening and it proved to be really hard to crack. If you get 36/40 using this, you will get 8.5 to 9 for sure in listening

Reactions: jasjot and Javid872

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Javid,

I prepared using the following materials
1) https://www.ieltspractice.com/ - This is an excellent resource to prepare for all the 4 sections. Their Writing tips are like a cheat sheet to score a lot with sample tips on complex structures and how to use them for various situations. The only pitfall is that I ignored the actual exam papers that they have for each section which eventually lead to my poor reading score in my first attempt.
2) After completing all the 4 modules in #1, I practiced using the IELTS 1 to 12 books. I started from level 8 directly but you can start from lower levels if you want to gain confidence. Everyday, I took two exams that included both listening and reading. In parallel, I was attempting all the listening tests posted in youtube in the following channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgELCOfrcYA9jWF4TOJUnQ
3) Apart from this, I got the IELTS UPGRADE 8 book that they provide for people registering in India. This should be your final practice for listening. It includes complex map and multiple choice question types for listening and it proved to be really hard to crack. If you get 36/40 using this, you will get 8.5 to 9 for sure in listening
superb advice, avlesk.

Another one for exam takers:

Reading is designed to trip you in exactly two parts, anything else is just silly. The first one is TFNG. Remember, if it's true, it will be there plain and simple or implied.

For false, information presented in statement will be exactly the OPPOSITE.

NG is when the information in the passage is just NOT SUFFICIENT to deduce whether the statement is accurate. I messed up on the exam despite practicing TFNG religiously, and am now not expecting more than 8.5 on Reading. Oh well...

The second bit is obviously questions 28-40, where you'll need to generally match statements with the paras. Here, look at the statements and try and match the easiest ones first. The ones that stump you, come back to them later. Sometimes, if they aren't apparent, try the elimination method.

All of this though assumes that your basic english is alright, and at a certain level. Otherwise, it'll be very difficult even to identify the incorrect ones.

Last edited:

alialkenani

Jan 21, 2018
Hi everyone
I am new member here , I did the IELTS exam on 6 January in Saudi and I received email from BC tell me that my results under investigation , really am worried and upset if it take long time . is there any one have experience with this status ?

thank you everyone

kiran_raj

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
When did you receive the email? Majority of the candidates who wrote the exam on 6th Jan are facing the same problem ;including me!
Got an email from the BC mentioning that there will be an update on or before 27th Jan.