+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6th January 2018 answer key

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
i would suggest waiting for results... as nobody received results in saudi arabia all of their results were withheld including mine... i guess there is sumthing else going on!!
Do you get any info how long does it take to release our result?

as per reading posts on thread, everybody says takes 3-4 weeks.
I would prefer to appear in exam again rather than waiting for result as many says they withheld because of huge band gap between modules ex: reading got 7-8 or writing just got 5.5.

In my case, LWS was good except Reading. So there must be few band difference between these modules. As a result they withhold my result. so I would planning for seating again in next date. If you know what went wrong in your case then its not worth to wait for result.

Hope this would help.
Thanks
p

sunflower2017

Jan 20, 2018
Hey guys,

I took my IELTS G module in Cairo, Egypt with BC and my test result was released on time (1.18) .
I got L8, R8, W6.5, S7.5 (pretty sure my speaking score was underestimated). This is my second attempt already.
I took the test on 11.2 in Nepal and my result was on hold for rechecking by BC, for more than two months. I got L9, R8, W6.5, S8.
Well, the overall band doesn't mean much to me since my goal is 8777. I was actually a lot frustrated and even shocked when I saw my writing score is still 6.5 at the second attempt. This has been really puzzling me and I wonder where went wrong. I am also hesitated about going for EOR as I think retaking the exam may just save much more time.
----- Any of you have any suggestion for me?

Also, regarding last time's essay question:
In many cities, many people are living in large apartment blocks. Does this accommodation have more advantages or disadvantages?

How did you interpret "large apartment blocks"? I speak American English and I thought this means a big size residential area/community thus I wrote according to this. Was I being punished because of the misinterpretation, if any?

Btw, I have read all of the previous comments under this post and found some are informative/helpful. Thank you everyone who contributed!!

Reactions: GeetaLSharma

kiran_raj

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Has anyone got results from BC ? Centre Trivandrum India?
NOPE! Still waiting. Got an email from the BC yesterday :-

Dear XXXXXXX,

There is a delay in releasing your IELTS results of 06 January 2018. The next update will be available on or before 27January 2018. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely

IELTS Investigation Team

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
What’s the issue why whole region results are on hold , is there any information regarding this issue
I dont know some are saying this is their routine they perform random audit to ensure there is no malpractice...
Others are saying paper was leaked!!!

Dont really know!

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
I am a bit scared... I saw these unpredictable results... some even got 5.5 in writing... I mean a person who doesnt know english can get 5.5.. but people with such a good english getting these scores... and with listening people wrote same answers as we discussed in forum but got 6.5...
Trying to be optimistic now.....
All the Best!!!!