+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6th January 2018 answer key

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
It should be a copy of cancelled cheque ? That’s what the customer care people told me
I applied for reval for writing section. I submitted TRF, passport copy, EOR form and cancelled cheque to the nearest IDP office. You can also courier them.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
No1 knows....even the essay was tricky, let us pray for the best for everyone and wait for the results...good luck everyone!
Nope, nothing was tricky in the Writing section. It was easy as. How you tackled it is a totally different story.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I am having doubts on my response to the essay question.

Although I stated that there are more advantages than disadvantages associated with living in apartment block.
I included one body para for advantage ( including my opinion ) and another for drawbacks. Finally I concluded the essay stating that it is more advantageous to live in apartments compared to any minor drawbacks that can result from it.

I think the second body passage mentioning disadvantages was not required??

Any opinion guys??
reading too much into it. It's all about making the right points. You can say that A>B with 3 points for each, but make it amply clear that the points for A hold more weight and relevance than those for B owing to <insert reason(s)>.

The problem is we are always looking for model answers or have read model answers, and are trying to strictly adhere to 'em answers. Additionally, the suggested structures, lexical resources et al make it trickier in our heads than it really is.

Reactions: iamhammad

Naw

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Nope, nothing was tricky in the Writing section. It was easy as. How you tackled it is a totally different story.
Some interpreted the question as being an opinion one others as discuss both sides!!!!
It might have been clear and easy for you, not the case to everyone else!!
And we can not predict how the correction or results are unless we receive our grades!

Reactions: iamhammad

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Some interpreted the question as being an opinion one others as discuss both sides!!!!
It might have been clear and easy for you, not the case to everyone else!!
And we can not predict how the correction or results are unless we receive our grades!
I get what you are saying, but there's no right or wrong answer is the point that I was making.

Reactions: Naw

kukreti1989

Dec 4, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-6-2018
Med's Done....
13-06-2018
reading too much into it. It's all about making the right points. You can say that A>B with 3 points for each, but make it amply clear that the points for A hold more weight and relevance than those for B owing to <insert reason(s)>.

The problem is we are always looking for model answers or have read model answers, and are trying to strictly adhere to 'em answers. Additionally, the suggested structures, lexical resources et al make it trickier in our heads than it really is.
Mate, i did the same what you suggested except <insert reason(s)>.

kukreti1989

Dec 4, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-6-2018
Med's Done....
13-06-2018
wrong i think 22 july 1985
dont put nd,st,rd that is incorrect
That will make your answer 2 number and 1 word. However, the instruction says 2 word and/or a number.
Hence 22nd is considered as word and will make the complete date as 2 words and a number.

Reactions: Naw