+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 3rd August 2017

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
L/R/W/S 7.5/8.5/7/8 in the first attempt.

depressed for 1 week, re-applied and now in the 2nd attempt:

L/R/W/S 8/9/7/7.5 Hopefully I'm done with IELTS

Reactions: zionver

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
L/R/W/S 8/8/6..5/8 -FRUSTRATION MOUNTING
Don't get disheartened bro! I know the feeling... felt like sh*t for 2 days.. Realized the only good thing about IELTS is that there is no limit on number of attempts, booked the next exam date.. slowly grew confidence again.. and luckily cleared it the next time.

Writing seems to be the toughest section to cross 7. Practice 4-5 letters, 2-3 essays. You should be able to clear 7 next time. Some tips I've followed for writing are:
* Practice starting/conclusions for letters/essays, as these parts seemed to be the most time consuming thing for me
* Checkout the example IELTS letters online, for some general idea on how to write letters in personal/professional fashion.
* Practice writing and word counting, as that will give an idea how many words you would be able to write in the given time.
* Cover all the aspects mentioned in the question.
* For the essay try to cover multiple aspects of the topic in discussion. Like economic/social impacts, root causes, solutions etc.
* Try to use nice vocabulary whenever possible. This proved bit tricky for me, as I've made 2-3 spelling mistakes, but somehow still managed 7.

All the best!