+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 30th June 2018 - Preparations - Answer Comparison - Result Discussion

canadian.king

Jun 30, 2018
Guys do they focus on singulars and plurals?
If you are referring to externals answer, then it absolutely matters if you use plural or not. This is because singular doesn't fit in sentence

The sentence was - a team is a mixture of_______ and employees of the company.

If you fill external here it doesn't fit much. So unfortunately singular is wrong here

Had it been I like apples or I like apple, then I still think they would have overlooked your mistake

Surzas

Jul 2, 2018
If you are referring to externals answer, then it absolutely matters if you use plural or not. This is because singular doesn't fit in sentence

The sentence was - a team is a mixture of_______ and employees of the company.

If you fill external here it doesn't fit much. So unfortunately singular is wrong here

Had it been I like apples or I like apple, then I still think they would have overlooked your mistake
I am referring to the listening section..
..I wrote menus instead of menu.. coz I heard it like that..
Context is send the ----- of xyz hotel to Duncan.. I wrote menys coz I heard it that was.. he said please send me the menus n then I wrote strategies but here I see that ppl have mentioned strategy.. n one more thing I wrote re-trained, m not quite sure if it is retrained or re-trained

Jasjot.kang

Jun 30, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
I am referring to the listening section..
..I wrote menus instead of menu.. coz I heard it like that..
Context is send the ----- of xyz hotel to Duncan.. I wrote menys coz I heard it that was.. he said please send me the menus n then I wrote strategies but here I see that ppl have mentioned strategy.. n one more thing I wrote re-trained, m not quite sure if it is retrained or re-trained
It was "a" before the blank so it had to be strictly singular only. In audio he mentioned about menus because he was referring to two restaurants and in answer we were asked only about one of them.

Surzas

Jul 2, 2018
As far as I remember"a" was not there n I guess a single restaurant can have multiple menus.. anyways let's wait for the results.. good luck ☺
It was "a" before the blank so it had to be strictly singular only. In audio he mentioned about menus because he was referring to two restaurants and in answer we were asked only about one of them.

Jasjot.kang

Jun 30, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
As far as I remember"a" was not there n I guess a single restaurant can have multiple menus.. anyways let's wait for the results.. good luck ☺
Actually i wrote menus first in question booklet after listening, then when i checked i found there was "a" so that's why i remember that one clearly.
Anyways, all the best to you too .

Arshvir

Jul 6, 2018
Please share listening answers. I am too disoriented to remember. I can only confirm what's shared. It was the hardest listening test I have given of all the five attempts. There was a map with five questions (15-20) and then section three was just purposely to fail the candidates; I missed most of the answers. Section 1 and 4 were good.

Writing was a letter to a friend (informal) about a recent book you read: what the book was about, why it would be useful to the friend, and where to get it

Essay was about road safety, some people say lower maximum speed should be implemented others say there are better ways. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Can I get full booklet

R.A.G

Jul 6, 2018
I am posting here for the first time. I read many of you have commented on the school-age children question in reading is False or true. I marked it as NG. the para mentioned school students and ... also younger children with age like 3-5 or something.
School-age does not necessarily mean students . and there was nothing mentioned about school age. so it was NG

R.A.G

Jul 6, 2018
About the pepper para last 38th - I marked NG. As "first" specifically means order. And there was nothing mentioned about first, second. the paras talked about stages and not order - green, most unripe etc. so, I maked NG
About 40th - I only saw storing about green and about black. I remember last para mentioned black peppercorns have to be stored in cool temperature.
there was nothing about white.

R.A.G

Jul 6, 2018
about the writing 40th. I have written organization. the sentence ... changing the ----------- of departments. changing the outsourcing of departments is a wrong sentence. changing the organization of departments sounds grammatically and structurally correct. And i heard the lady say look at changing the organization of departments. And mentioned that one of the department was outsourced.
I think organization is correct.

R.A.G

Jul 6, 2018
This forum was very interesting. I wish i had found this forum earlier and had seen this thread on the morning of the exam to get the hint on writing topic. Anyways all the best to all exam takers.