+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts 2nd December 2017 answer key

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
For me actually i wrote it (rope) .
and i was sure it is not (ropes) until i saw some guys here answered it as (ropes)
Just a small suggestion to help you in future if you appear for ielts or any related exams.

Always try to check entire sentence after substituting your answer in space provided to check for grammatical errors. If sentence demands plural go for words with plural forms or singular. This can help you to avoid silly mistakes and lose scores. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Naw

Boluwaduro

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
and i was sure it is not (ropes) until i saw some guys here answered it as (ropes)
Actually, ROPE is correct.when you pluralize it,it means something else.BOX is very correct,though I wrote window pane. There is no way the bottom of a ladder can stand on a Window pane,its the upper part that can only lean on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naw and maplenow

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Lets see..... but i'm damm sure it was window pane
I am sorry but the answer is Box. The questions was about the where the base of the ladder should be put/kept. Obviously you cannot have it on a window pane. I did careful observation on this question.

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I think it is very important to listen to what the speaker says. They say that one of the most common pitfalls for non-native speakers is their inability to distinguish between singular and plural while listening. Obviously, the difference is subtle, but this is the best way to figure out the right form of answer.

Hisham0101

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Just a small suggestion to help you in future if you appear for ielts or any related exams.

Always try to check entire sentence after substituting your answer in space provided to check for grammatical errors. If sentence demands plural go for words with plural forms or singular. This can help you to avoid silly mistakes and lose scores. Hope this helps!
Thanks for advice .
In this case i dont think that there was any thing that shows you if you need plural or singular word.

Hisham0101

Star Member
May 11, 2017
HBV

Actually, ROPE is correct.when you pluralize it,it means something else.BOX is very correct,though I wrote window pane. There is no way the bottom of a ladder can stand on a Window pane,its the upper part that can only lean on it.
I am also sure that BOX is the correct answer because i marked this question and came back to it after i finished 3rd section to be more sure of my answer ..

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Eh guys. A doubt. Questione 11-14
11. 2 ticket for 2 right?
14. Actor retires
How about 12 And 13
I was not sure about my answer for 11..I chose buy 2 get discount in others.
14. Actor retiring (the same as yours)
The concluding part of the play was less effective
He got emotional.
If Im right. Can't remember well
These were my answers too..I have serious doubts about five questions in Section 2 and 3. They will decide whether I will get CLB 9 or not.

Reactions: Boluwaduro

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Always listen to what speaker says guys don’t get confused between singular and plurals , u would end up loosing more marks then thanx
For example if speaker in conversation says teachers then fill teachers Don’t try to analyse the whole sentence thanx

hhabib

Jul 20, 2017
I am sorry but the answer is Box. The questions was about the where the base of the ladder should be put/kept. Obviously you cannot have it on a window pane. I did careful observation on this question.
well you don't need to say sorry. It was window pane and i have already cross checked the answer keys. Anyway wait for the result :D :p