+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - 21st April GT

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Sure, I am still not able to see my result on the website. I’m starting to believe I’m one of those candidates scheduled for next week. Will update
i hope next week means few days... but if i read people's experiences over internet then people have got results after 2 weeks to 10 weeks from actual result date and there have been many reasons for delay...not sure why ours is delayed

Janani Priya

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
my hubby got at third attempt:

Listening 9
Reading 8
Writing 6
Speaking 7

should we go for revaluation? what is the chance of getting 1 band increment (6 to 7)? Thanks in advance, so close yet so far away. Listening score is definitely a surprise, we were contemplating if he crossed 8.

Last edited:

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017

Listening 9
Reading 8
Writing 6
Speaking 7

should we go for revaluation? what is the chance of getting 1 band increment (6 to 7)? Thanks in advance, so close it so far away. Listening score is definitely a surprise, we were contemplating if he crossed 8.
If he is the PA then I would suggest he applies for EOR and also retakes the test.

I applied for my first attempt (W6.5) but wasn’t succesful. Took another test later and got through. You guys are close and will get though soon. Good luck

Janani Priya

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
If he is the PA then I would suggest he applies for EOR and also retakes the test.

I applied for my first attempt (W6.5) but wasn’t succesful. Took another test later and got through. You guys are close and will get though soon. Good luck
thanks. yes, he is the PA.

Tejal Gala

Jun 7, 2017
Fnally achieved my target.

IELTS (IDP) - 1st attempt (3rd March 2018)
L-9
R-9
S-8
W-6.5

Applied for revaluation of Writing section. However, received NO CHANGE as reply.

IELTS (IDP) - 2nd Attempt (21st April 2018)
L-8.5
R-8.5
S-7
W-8

Was disappointed with the speaking score as I had done better than last time and was expecting the same score. Nevertheless, achieved my target.
hello ,

Congratulations!
Can you please guide me how did you improve your scores in writing ? Even I appeared twice but my scores in writing stands at 6.5 only.
Appreciate if you can guide.

A-K

Apr 23, 2018

Listening 9
Reading 8
Writing 6
Speaking 7

should we go for revaluation? what is the chance of getting 1 band increment (6 to 7)? Thanks in advance, so close yet so far away. Listening score is definitely a surprise, we were contemplating if he crossed 8.
Chances are pretty rare. I would have suggested you to go for revaluation if the writing was missed by 0.5. Having said that, it depends upon how well your hubby had performed the test....i mean whether the task response was to the point, coherence and cohesion, grammatical range etc..You can give it a try if you want to wait for next two months....or else giving again would be a better choice..since other scores are okay.

Reactions: Janani Priya

A-K

Apr 23, 2018
1st attempt: 3rd March, 2018
Result: 15th March, 2018 : LRWS: 8.5/7.5/6.5/7.5
Revaluation: 17th March, 2018 (writing and speaking)...7th week still waiting....

2nd attempt: 21st April, 2018
Result: 3rd May, 2018: LRWS: 9/9/7/8

Still waiting for revaluation........

Reactions: desmat

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
hello ,

Congratulations!
Can you please guide me how did you improve your scores in writing ? Even I appeared twice but my scores in writing stands at 6.5 only.
Appreciate if you can guide.
Hi,

I can suggest the strategy that I followed for writing after my not-so-satisfactory 1st attempt where I ended up with 6.5. I don’t blame anyone (read biased IELTS examiners) as I had put in little effort for the writing section during my preparation.

I went through many past year IELTS writing tasks (both task 1 & 2).
For each task, I would write the main points that would form the basis of each paragraph. For each main point, I developed supporting points and examples (if any).Once you have the skeleton for the essay, it would be easier for you to construct the essay on it.

For the letter writing task, you need to identify whether the letter needs to be formal, semi-formal or informal. It is better to go through a few sample answers and familiarize yourself with the various opening and closing salutations for each type of letter.

I referred the following websites

1. IELTSLIZ.com - very useful. Previous year question papers are available. Additionally, you can view videos.
2. IELTS-EXAM.NET – practice tests available.

Writing speed is also important. You need to write at least 400 words in 55 minutes (150 words for task 1 and 250 words for task 2 – keep at least 5 minutes in the end to recheck your answer). Since we are not used to writing such long essays now (thanks to e-mail and SMS), it is important that you get into the habit of writing. For this, I made it a point to write at least one letter and essay everyday to improve my writing speed.

I hope these tips will be useful for you and wish you all the best for the next attempt.

Tejal Gala

Jun 7, 2017
Hi,

I can suggest the strategy that I followed for writing after my not-so-satisfactory 1st attempt where I ended up with 6.5. I don’t blame anyone (read biased IELTS examiners) as I had put in little effort for the writing section during my preparation.

I went through many past year IELTS writing tasks (both task 1 & 2).
For each task, I would write the main points that would form the basis of each paragraph. For each main point, I developed supporting points and examples (if any).Once you have the skeleton for the essay, it would be easier for you to construct the essay on it.

For the letter writing task, you need to identify whether the letter needs to be formal, semi-formal or informal. It is better to go through a few sample answers and familiarize yourself with the various opening and closing salutations for each type of letter.

I referred the following websites

1. IELTSLIZ.com - very useful. Previous year question papers are available. Additionally, you can view videos.
2. IELTS-EXAM.NET – practice tests available.

Writing speed is also important. You need to write at least 400 words in 55 minutes (150 words for task 1 and 250 words for task 2 – keep at least 5 minutes in the end to recheck your answer). Since we are not used to writing such long essays now (thanks to e-mail and SMS), it is important that you get into the habit of writing. For this, I made it a point to write at least one letter and essay everyday to improve my writing speed.

I hope these tips will be useful for you and wish you all the best for the next attempt.
Thank you so much ! Highly appreciate your guidance .. will follow the tips you have suggested ... thank you once again :)

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Have everyone who took IELTS-GT from IDP got their TRF number? When I login to my account on IDP India website https://www.ieltsidpindia.com, I can view my scores for each section and also detailed score expalanation under 'Results Feedback' tab. However, TRF number is not mentioned anywhere, and even under TRF Dispatch Details section, it shows 'No Dispatch Details'. Should I be worried or get in touch with IDP?

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Have everyone who took IELTS-GT from IDP got their TRF number? When I login to my account on IDP India website https://www.ieltsidpindia.com, I can view my scores for each section and also detailed score expalanation under 'Results Feedback' tab. However, TRF number is not mentioned anywhere, and even under TRF Dispatch Details section, it shows 'No Dispatch Details'. Should I be worried or get in touch with IDP?
Hi,

This is for IDP.
Log onto https://results.ieltsessentials.com/
Enter your details and you will get your results.
At the bottom of the page, you can see your TRF number.

Reactions: samikdg