+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS | 20th Jan 2018 | General Training | Answer Key

Ukr52

Sep 29, 2013
There is no downward revision of score in Re-evaluation. Either it increases or stays unchanged.
You're sure?

I scored 7.5 in listening even though I was really sure I would score atleast an 8. What do you suggest should I go for a re-check?

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
You're sure?

I scored 7.5 in listening even though I was really sure I would score atleast an 8. What do you suggest should I go for a re-check?
Absolutely sure. And even more sure that chances of success in Re-evaluation for L or R are almost non-existent. The gentleman is correct you shouldn’t be wasting your money on EOR for Listening.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Really? Well he knows why his score was lower (being prompted to talk), so I think there is no reason to re-evaluate

With listening or reading you have less case because the answers are set in stone. Here people are mostly arguing for Writing or Speaking. Don't waste your 200 bucks for L or R.
I blanked out thrice during the second part of speaking (didn't want to add more), but was prompted to add more all three times; lost just .5 cuz of that in overall S score (8.5). The missus, on the other hand, ain't at my level as far as S goes, but didn't blank out and spoke patiently and clearly - scored full 9.

What I am saying is I think that there's a certain scope for subjectivity in S and W.

lastwayout

Jan 21, 2018
Yes. The CLB10 requires you to get 8.5, 7.5, 8, 7.5. If they had asked you to speak more, there is a deficiency so to speak, so asking for a recount would probably just get them to come back "nah, sorry man you did not elaborate here here and there". I would just retake if it is for personal closure ;).

I definitely would not appeal because at 7.5 if the score actually dropped because the third marker hears the prompts, you get -3...

At 8.0, for example, even if it swings -.5 against your favor, you still land in the CLB-10
I think CLB9 and CLB 10 does not make difference and with both one gets maximum language points.....50 out of 50.......please correct me if I am wrong

it is nothing about personal closure........I am actually undecided between Canada and that other country/destination for PR.......and it is for that, that I need 8 in all sections individually

yashshah09

Feb 9, 2018
i still didnt got my result :( anyone who has taken ielts academic on 20th jan through BC have got results ? because here when i saw all the threads, mostly i figured out all were from general test, is anyone from academic module through BC got there result ?

sanfun

Feb 13, 2018
Finally got the scores yesterday. Since I have been following this thread, thought of sharing the scores too:

Overall - 8.0
L - 8.5
R - 9.0
W - 7.0
S - 7.0

This was the first time I gave IELTS. I was prompted by examiner in the second part of Speaking section, which would have dropped my points by 0.5 and in turn CRS by 3 pts!

tonymrajan

Aug 30, 2017
I had my results through SMS yesterday (for 20 Jan, Delhi).
My Score is S 7.5, L 7.5, R 7.5, and W 6.5.
My previous attempt ( 02 November ) score was S 7, L 8.5, R 8, and W 6.5.

Overall, I have attempted about 4 times Ielts .. two times each with IDP and BC.

Doesn't it prove their money making racket? I can just hope PTE or TOEFL is adopted by Canada to destroy this IELTSmalpractice.

Expect 5 attempts to get the desired score.

Chal koi na

Feb 9, 2018
Finally got the scores yesterday. Since I have been following this thread, thought of sharing the scores too:

Overall - 8.0
L - 8.5
R - 9.0
W - 7.0
S - 7.0

This was the first time I gave IELTS. I was prompted by examiner in the second part of Speaking section, which would have dropped my points by 0.5 and in turn CRS by 3 pts!
LOL we have exactly same score... My was academic module and half band less in writing