Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 6.5
S 7

How much chance if i go for re-assessment ?

oxiz3n

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 6.5
S 7

How much chance if i go for re-assessment ?
I got mine almost same as yours buddy. Frustrated only to miss writing by 0.5.

By reading all the scores here and in past forums I see majority missing out in writing by 0.5.

L 8.5 - R 7.5 - W 6.5 - S 7.5

Is it good to go for a re-check?

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ohh my, 45 points is a huge deal. I would suggest to go for a recheck. If its just 0.5 increase then you might get it, but if you need more than 0.5 then retest is one option.
H
Great score buddy. I would suggest you go for recheck, there is possibility your score might increase. But do keep in mind time frame of 3-4 months for EOR. If that suits you then only opt, otherwise appear again.Good luck!
it was my first attempt and i am happy as well as disappointed for missing it by 0.5.
However, my question is for all the experienced members here:
As we know we already had this delay because they rechecked our tests. so would there be chances that re-evaluation could boost my score to 7?? i understand that even if there are very less chances i will go for re-evaluation + i am planning to appear again for the next test.

Last edited:

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
I got mine almost same as yours buddy. Frustrated only to miss writing by 0.5.

By reading all the scores here and in past forums I see majority missing out in writing by 0.5.

L 8.5 - R 7.5 - W 6.5 - S 7.5

Is it good to go for a re-check?
I am thinking to go for re-check as i was damn sure about writing as this was my second attempt. I know what was asked and what needed to answer the essay. Can any one guide or put their opinion about re-check ?

oxiz3n

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
same here. And how it takes for the re-check? I just read on IELTS EOR Form - it takes six to eight weeks once the BC Head Office receives the materials.

Anyone who went through the process please let us know.

I am thinking to go for re-check as i was damn sure about writing as this was my second attempt. I know what was asked and what needed to answer the essay. Can any one guide or put their opinion about re-check ?

starindia

Feb 2, 2018
Hi friends I was also waiting for my result for 20jan exam I got it right now my score is L 8.5, R 8.5, W 6.5, S 7.5. Can anyone tell me it is good or not since I have given it for the first time

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
same here. And how it takes for the re-check? I just read on IELTS EOR Form - it takes six to eight weeks once the BC Head Office receives the materials.

Anyone who went through the process please let us know.
Well, you need to take print out of form available on BC website titled Enquiry on Results(EOR) and fill it. Along with it, you need to submit your original trf, passport photo copy and demand draft. Details are given in the form itself. Post that you need to courier entire thing to mentioned address in form.

Although it is mentioned 8-10 weeks in form but most people receive results after 14-15 weeks these days.

Hope this helps!

lastwayout

Jan 21, 2018
It was my 1st attempt and my scores are as follows:

L- 8.5
W - 8
R- 9
S - 7.5

I think this score will fetch me maximum language point as far as Canada PR is concerned. Please correct me if I am wrong.
But for some other purpose, I wanted to achieve 8 or more in all sections individually.

Guys, please suggest - Should I go for revaluation of Speaking section ? I have heard 0.5 increase of score is not very uncommon.
I don't think my speaking went bad - only thing that happened was for part 2 of speaking test, I got a topic regarding which I did not speak for 2 min and the examiner had to ask me to speak more on one of those 3 prompts, and then I did speak more. My mistake here was that I stopped prematurely and had to be asked/reminded to speak more.

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
Yes. The CLB10 requires you to get 8.5, 7.5, 8, 7.5. If they had asked you to speak more, there is a deficiency so to speak, so asking for a recount would probably just get them to come back "nah, sorry man you did not elaborate here here and there". I would just retake if it is for personal closure ;).

I definitely would not appeal because at 7.5 if the score actually dropped because the third marker hears the prompts, you get -3...

At 8.0, for example, even if it swings -.5 against your favor, you still land in the CLB-10
There is no downward revision of score in Re-evaluation. Either it increases or stays unchanged.

Reactions: Shahanastar

rahulhyd85

Nov 11, 2017
Hey guys,
Got my score today, lil upset with 0.5 less in speaking. Here is mine.

L 8.5
R 7
W 8
S 6.5

I am.planning to get reevaluatre-e and also retake. Time is the major concern for me.