+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS | 20th Jan 2018 | General Training | Answer Key

Remmade

Dec 7, 2017
Hello Brother, I am so sorry to hear about your result.
Please dont let it discourage you. You just have to push for it. This will be a part of your testimony.
Hi guiterlife thank you am actually a lady. No i cannot give up now, like they say on nairaland - it will end in praise

Guitarlife

Feb 1, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guiterlife thank you am actually a lady. No i cannot give up now, like they say on nairaland - it will end in praise
Why dont we work on your ielts together if you dont mind. Let me know if your need help with any area, I will be glad to assist .
We could take writing samples and write topics together then we review , I think it helps and it also reinforces the skill.

Ukr52

Sep 29, 2013
I GOT a mail

We refer to your IELTS test of 20 January 2018.

Strict quality control procedures are in place to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test. As part of these procedures, test results are routinely analysed by the IELTS Test Partners before they are issued to candidates.

As a result of these procedures, test scores for the 20 January 2018 have come under scrutiny and are being investigated. Your results are being withheld while this investigation is being conducted. Please note that all investigations are conducted without prejudice by the IELTS Test Partners.

The declaration on the IELTS application form that you agreed to includes the following statement: 'I understand that my results may not be issued 13 days after the test if any of the IELTS Test Partners deem it necessary to review any matter associated with my test'.

We will provide an update on your results on or before 09 February 2018.
Hi,

I too got an email like that. Where did you appear for your test?

Thanks

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Why dont we work on your ielts together if you dont mind. Let me know if your need help with any area, I will be glad to assist .
We could take writing samples and write topics together then we review , I think it helps and it also reinforces the skill.
I need same help if you don’t mind ...
However my scores are not released yet but I need some advice in my writing
Th ama in advance

Guitarlife

Feb 1, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I need same help if you don’t mind ...
However my scores are not released yet but I need some advice in my writing
Th ama in advance
okay please take a topic then do me a mail with your write up then I will also write the same essay and you can compare the two approaches

Remmade

Dec 7, 2017
Thank you guiterlife

ahmed_gbon

Feb 5, 2018
Guys,

We have seen in previous IELTS forums, the candidates for general training and academics often confuse about the answer keys since the two tests are of different question sets.

Lets gather here only to discuss on general training IELTS held on 20-Jan-2018. To share the answers to get an idea about our probable score.

Some of you might have appeared the Speaking Test already.

For me, the cue-card topic was:-

-Tell about a story you have heard
-From whom you have heard
-What you have learnt from the story.

What about you all?
Do u know where I can get result for day before Saudi Arabia exam dates

ahmed_gbon

Feb 5, 2018
In your dream only.....
Just kidding.... that's not possible my friend.
Hi,
Why ... I realized comments they inform people in 20 Jan who they have in the same day but before few hours ... at least they could expect ...
In my case I checked answers in 20 Jan and found it's the same topics, but before 3 hrs, my target is more ...
Waiting ur advice

AC_IND

Feb 6, 2018
In the same boat as many here!!

Sat for the IELTS GT on 20th Jan 2018 along with my spouse, we were eagerly waiting for the results on 2nd Feb and got the famous 'No Results' message on the result page of BC.
Then when we checked our mail we saw that our results were withheld and and an update would be provided on 9th Feb. This is so frustrating!
When i called the customer care and asked if i retake the test and the same thing happens again, is there something they can do as it has happened twice in a row. They say there is nothing we can do.
I don't understand why they have a results date 13 days after the exam, when they can't even release half of the students results by then.

Last edited:

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
I appeared from Chandigarh too!
I checked a few portals and could not find a single Indian candidate who got his/her result.
However, when I called BC customer care, they said that few results are out and began quoting the same thing we got in the mail.
There was a positive sign when I called. A recorded message said, "Results for 20th Jan have been delayed. Please expect the results by 9th Feb." (not the exact same words, though)

In the mail, they did not refer that it was my particular result that was delayed.
Quoting the email:
"
As a result of these procedures, test scores for the 20 January 2018
have come under scrutiny and are being investigated. Your results are being withheld while this investigation is being conducted. Please note that all investigations are conducted without prejudice by the IELTS Test Partners.
"
I guess the results are delayed for all.

Read on Quora, generally the results are withheld if there is a gap of more than 2 bands in any two of the modules.
However, it does not seem to be the case here.

Hopefully, I am not the only one optimistic here. :)

Regards

Dips06

Dec 26, 2017
I also got this mail. On calling them, they said that the results for quality check are selected randomly, but from this forum, I can understand that almost everyone's result has been withheld. Ive also heard that they deliberately give lower scores in speaking or writing in India, where there is a scope of subjectivity, just to make students re appear to make money. Is it so?