+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 1st Attempt Scores

insidematrix

Apr 12, 2018
Hi,

My scores on 1st Attempt (7th April) were:
S7 L8 R8 W6.5

As it was my first attempt, I focussed a lot on the first task in writing and was left with only 20 minutes to finish the 2nd task and my structure was as follows:

Introduction Para
Discussion Para
Agreement Para
Disagreement Para
Conclusion Para

I forgot to give personal examples in the agreement/disagreement para and had only 4 minutes left, so I included the examples in the conclusion as far as I remember.

I have learned from my mistake and would like to re-attempt IELTS on 24th May but need advice:

I need to get at least 7.5 in speaking, 8.5 in listening, 8 in reading and 7.5 in writing to get maximum marks for language.

I have read a lot about people giving IELTS for 7 or 8 times and scores not changing at all or decreasing in other bands and also about the scam in IELTS by which they knowingly give you 6.5 so your entire score drops down.

I had given IELTS via BC, shall I re-attempt using BC or IDP? My fear is that will I be able to increase the band scores or not or it is just a waste and I will also become part of the loop?

I am planning to take roadtoielts subscription and prepare myself, any other suggestions to achieve my desired band?

Thanks/

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Hi,

My scores on 1st Attempt (7th April) were:
S7 L8 R8 W6.5

As it was my first attempt, I focussed a lot on the first task in writing and was left with only 20 minutes to finish the 2nd task and my structure was as follows:

Introduction Para
Discussion Para
Agreement Para
Disagreement Para
Conclusion Para

I forgot to give personal examples in the agreement/disagreement para and had only 4 minutes left, so I included the examples in the conclusion as far as I remember.

I have learned from my mistake and would like to re-attempt IELTS on 24th May but need advice:

I need to get at least 7.5 in speaking, 8.5 in listening, 8 in reading and 7.5 in writing to get maximum marks for language.

I have read a lot about people giving IELTS for 7 or 8 times and scores not changing at all or decreasing in other bands and also about the scam in IELTS by which they knowingly give you 6.5 so your entire score drops down.

I had given IELTS via BC, shall I re-attempt using BC or IDP? My fear is that will I be able to increase the band scores or not or it is just a waste and I will also become part of the loop?

I am planning to take roadtoielts subscription and prepare myself, any other suggestions to achieve my desired band?

Thanks/
Never the first task in writing..Its always the essay...Stick to BC if you are giving the exam from Delhi,NCR....Do consider ieltsliz....I didn't subscribe but I learnt a lot by just being on the blog and reading comments...

Practice writing and I would speaking for next test..For me I used for 1 hour every alternate day on topics from Lizblog or ielts-exam.net

you will just be fine...don't panic...Cheers and Good Luck!!

Reactions: fridge03

insidematrix

Apr 12, 2018
Never the first task in writing..Its always the essay...Stick to BC if you are giving the exam from Delhi,NCR....Do consider ieltsliz....I didn't subscribe but I learnt a lot by just being on the blog and reading comments...

Practice writing and I would speaking for next test..For me I used for 1 hour every alternate day on topics from Lizblog or ielts-exam.net

Thanks for your advice and encouragement.
After the practice, what was your IELTS score?

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Thanks for your advice and encouragement.
After the practice, what was your IELTS score?
L:8.5
R:8
W:7.5...I didn’t do really well but I am okay with he score
S:7.5...didn’t practice enough...

Overall band 8

Good luck

Gagan4790

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Ontario
In my first attempt in nov 2017 i got
R 8.5
L 8
S 7
W 6.5
I gave it again on 24 march n scored
R 8.5
L 9
S 7.5
W 7.5
For my first attempt, i subscribed to road to ielts by british council, the practice material is good, but most of it is available on internet. I hv saved some of it, i can share it with u.
For second attempt, i made up a structure for writing task 2, that too with set timer.

Gagan4790

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Ontario
Can you please share some tips to attempt IELTS. Its first time for me and am confused what to do ? I have been studying online but it desnot seems helpful
U hv to make a strategy for everything..there is an ocean of materials online..but u hv to smartly choose what to follow...i recommend ieltsliz.com and also i hv made a fb page ielts support for all to help everyone

Reactions: tahir.faryal

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017

I attempted task 1 first and was fine with timing. I think it all depends on how well you can relate with the topic...and obviously practice which is key to timing.

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
I attempted task 1 first and was fine with timing. I think it all depends on how well you can relate with the topic...and obviously practice which is key to timing.
sure works for you...the point is task 2 carries more weightage so ideally should target it first and then move to the letter especially if timing is a challenge