+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC - Young Professionals Question

alcampelo

Jul 16, 2016
Hi,

I have an IEC Young Professionals visa/work permit that is valid for one year (it will expire in September). I've tried to extend it for more six months (because the program total duration is 18 months) and my application was rejected. They say on the letter that the reason is because I don't have a valid LMIA. But since I'm under this program, I'm LMIA Exempt. Is there a way of appealing to this decision?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Campelo.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

alcampelo said:
Hi,

I have an IEC Young Professionals visa/work permit that is valid for one year (it will expire in September). I've tried to extend it for more six months (because the program total duration is 18 months) and my application was rejected. They say on the letter that the reason is because I don't have a valid LMIA. But since I'm under this program, I'm LMIA Exempt. Is there a way of appealing to this decision?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Campelo.
1. No, as IEC Young professionals work permits are only for a maximum of 6-24 months. It depends on your country of citizenship, if you got the maximum, thats it.

alcampelo

Jul 16, 2016
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, as IEC Young professionals work permits are only for a maximum of 6-24 months. It depends on your country of citizenship, if you got the maximum, thats it.
Actually I'm Brazilian and Brazil is not on the list, so I was just allowed to come here by the AIESEC program. And at CIC website they say the maximum validity period is 18 months. That's why I'm confused.

Thanks again,

Alex Campelo.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
alcampelo said:
Actually I'm Brazilian and Brazil is not on the list, so I was just allowed to come here by the AIESEC program. And at CIC website they say the maximum validity period is 18 months. That's why I'm confused.

Thanks again,

Alex Campelo.
The problem is that the IEc program is a non extendable program you get assigned a period for your permit and thats it. The permit cannot be extended even if there is a maximum that would have needed to have been assigned when you landed initially so unless you believe that CBSA allocated an invalid time based on your original POE letter it will expire in September.

mkhan60

Jul 25, 2018
alcampelo I know it's been a long time but I want to apply through AIESEC too so I want to know what happened ? Are you still in canada what did you do for this situation ?

Aug 12, 2018
[QUOTE = "mkhan60, post: 7111413, member: 779497"] alcampelo Eu sei que faz muito tempo, mas eu quero me inscrever através da AIESEC também, então eu quero saber o que aconteceu? Você ainda está no Canadá, o que você fez para essa situação? [/ QUOTE]

I'm also in the same situation and would like to know how you proceeded?

Aug 12, 2018
Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Alex Campelo.
I'm also in the same situation and would like to know how you proceeded?

pedro65

Feb 15, 2019

Thanks again,

Alex Campelo.
Hi Alex, I am Pedro and I am here in Canada with a working holiday visa. Do you know how do we apply for this Young Professionals? It`s because I have a job offer with an employer here and it`s in my field of study, so I qualify for the Young Professionals. Do you know how does it work? With whom should I talk or send an email?

bob_schaf

Feb 10, 2019
Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Alex Campelo.
How long did it take you to get a work permit under IEC?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi Alex, I am Pedro and I am here in Canada with a working holiday visa. Do you know how do we apply for this Young Professionals? It`s because I have a job offer with an employer here and it`s in my field of study, so I qualify for the Young Professionals. Do you know how does it work? With whom should I talk or send an email?
Depends if you are from a country that qualifies for the YP program

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp