+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Young Professionals - Let's connect here!

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody

I reach out to everyone who wants or has participated under the IEC Young Professionals program! Let's connect here! From the ones who have already participated I would like to know how it was to secure a job which is a prerequisite for the participation.

Happy New Year!

imhasan

Jan 4, 2017
Hi there!
I applied for IEC young professionals in august. Normal processing time was 2 months. But I am still waiting for visa. My application is in visa office abu dhabi and they asked me to wait. My application is in queue.
I suppose i am from pakistan and IEC is for partner countries. and they treating me as a simple work permit. Processing time of work permit for Pakisan is 21 weeks. So my normal processing time is also passed for simple work permit. Is there anyone else facing same??? Please share. Thanks

Hasan

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imhasan said:
Hi there!
I applied for IEC young professionals in august. Normal processing time was 2 months. But I am still waiting for visa. My application is in visa office abu dhabi and they asked me to wait. My application is in queue.
I suppose i am from pakistan and IEC is for partner countries. and they treating me as a simple work permit. Processing time of work permit for Pakisan is 21 weeks. So my normal processing time is also passed for simple work permit. Is there anyone else facing same??? Please share. Thanks

Hasan
Hi Hasan!

I would be interested to know how you got the job in Canada? How are the chances to get a job from outside Canada in order to participate under IEC young professionals?

imhasan

Jan 4, 2017
Hi Kearnixer
I got the job via AIESEC GTP program. you can get to know about it here aiesec.org

jsgreen

Jan 9, 2017
Hey! My fiancé and I are getting married next month (Feb 11th) over in England. We are both Uk citizens and I'm also a canadian permanent resident. We are planning to have a weeks honeymoon in the UK and then I will come back to canada as a permanent resident (I'll have no problem coming over) and she will hopefully be coming over on her IEC holiday work visa. She just got an invitation from the cic draw, to apply for the IEC work holiday visa. She is planning on completing the required steps over the next couple of days and then they say that it will take about 45 days for them to process it.
She's not sure whether or not to say that she is married when applying for this visa. At the moment she is not married, she is legally single, but when she comes to canada in about 2 months time, her status will be as a married woman. Would she have to tell the border guard that she is married? Will that affect her application and entrance? Anyone have any experience with this? Or someone who we could contact in regards to this question?

Thank you for any help you could offer!

mkhan60

Jul 25, 2018
imhasan I am glad I finally found another pakistani who applied for this visa. I know it's late but can you tell me what happened did you get it in how many days ?