+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Working Holiday Visa Information.

RyanRose93

Dec 12, 2019
I guess I have a few questions about my particular visa..

I'm from the UK. I travelled from London to Toronto in August 2019 and have been working full time since then. I'm keen to visit home at some point - maybe around April 2020 but I'm wary because I don't want to be denied entry back into the country. I have my own apartment and a good job. Has anyone else travelled home and been able to regain entry? If so, what are the necessary steps to ensure you did just that?

Also, I'm interested to hear if anyone either extended or moved on to a different visa once the duration of their working holiday visa was over. Did anyone take steps to extend or become a permanent resident?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I guess I have a few questions about my particular visa..

I'm from the UK. I travelled from London to Toronto in August 2019 and have been working full time since then. I'm keen to visit home at some point - maybe around April 2020 but I'm wary because I don't want to be denied entry back into the country. I have my own apartment and a good job. Has anyone else travelled home and been able to regain entry? If so, what are the necessary steps to ensure you did just that?

Also, I'm interested to hear if anyone either extended or moved on to a different visa once the duration of their working holiday visa was over. Did anyone take steps to extend or become a permanent resident?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Why would you be denied entry? Canada doesn't prevent foreign workers from visiting home.

Many people have either extended their status as a visitor or applied for PR if they qualified.

RyanRose93

Dec 12, 2019
Why would you be denied entry? Canada doesn't prevent foreign workers from visiting home.

Many people have either extended their status as a visitor or applied for PR if they qualified.

I've been asking myself the same thing, re being denied entry. I think I'm just worried about not being able to get back in as I have responsibilities/ties here now. Would I not need any further documentation to get past customs when returning?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assuming your ETA is still valid and if they still staple your IEC permit in your passport entry back into the country should be no problem at all.

As for PR maybe look into the requirements for Canadian experience class given with a 2 year IEC at least you have opportunity to gain one year Canadian experience. IEC itself of course cannot be extended so three choices , extend as a visitor then go home, find employer to sponsor an LMIA or apply for PR.

RyanRose93

Dec 12, 2019
I'd like to think so. I have a two year working holiday visa, valid until August 2021. My insurance has stated that my coverage resumes upon re-entry to Canada too.